Whole wheat Rose Cookies.
Food preparation Whole wheat Rose Cookies is an enjoyable thing, in addition it ends up being more special value if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 10 ingredients, you can begin cooking 10 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements of Whole wheat Rose Cookies
- You need 1 cup = 8 tbsp Whole wheat flour.
- Need 3 tbsp – Melted ghee or butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh rose petals chopped.
- Require 1 tsp of Rose water.
- Provide 1 tsp for Rose syrup.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp Milk (just for binding).
- It’s 1 pinch for Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp for Baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 tbsp for Sugar (powdered) (as needed).
- Give 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence.
Whole wheat Rose Cookies steps
- Preparing the Cooker for baking cookies – Take a pressure cooker or any thick bottomed pan, spread a layer of sand or salt (about 1 inch) inside the cooker. Then keep any stand or perforated plate which comes with the cooker. I kept two such plates to raise the height. Pre heat the cooker (or any thick bottomed pan) with the sand/salt on high flame for 10 minutes..
- Take melted ghee or butter in a bowl, add powdered sugar, vanilla essence, rose syrup, rose water and salt. Mix well..
- Add wheat flour and rose petals mix well to form a dough. You do not have to knead the dough. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 10 minutes..
- Divide the dough equally, form balls and flatten it OR Before keeping the dough in refrigerator, You can make a cylindrical roll from dough and wrap it with aluminium foil. It will help you to cut equal slice of cookies..
- Grease an aluminium cake tin or any aluminum plate (If steel, cover it with aluminium foil) place the cookies on it leaving enough space between the cookies..
- Then place the tin inside the cooker (or heavy bottomed pan) using tongs for safety purpose as the cooker will be very hot..
- Reduce the heat to low and close the cooker without whistle and gasket. If you are using heavy bottomed pan, cover the pan with a lid properly..
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies/biscuits starts to brown near the edges. Once the bottom starts browning, switch off the cooker and let the cookies be inside the cooker for 5 minutes. It took 20 minutes for me. The timings will vary depending on the size of the cooker and thickness of cookies, the amount of heat etc..
- Then remove the cookies gently and place it on a wire rack to cool completely. ( Wire rack will allow to get cool easily without turning them soggy with their on heat. The cookies will be soft but once it cools it will become crisp..
- Note – You can use the same salt and sand over and over again for baking in cooker. Use an old cooker as baking in cooker often, will damage the cooker. Do keep an eye on the cookies after 10 minutes of baking..