Gajar ka halwa. Carrot halwa or gajar halwa recipe – A slow cooked traditional Indian halwa or pudding made by simmering carrots in milk. Carrot halwa is popularly known as gajar ka halwa, gajrela or gajar halwa. Gajar Ka Halwa is a classical Indian dessert, this is also known as gajrala.
Here is a quick and tasty version of Gajar ka Halwa made using the pressure cooker. Ingredients of Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: Grated carrots, milk, sugar and nuts are stirred and cooked together. Gajar ka halwa is a delicious mouth watering sweet dish prepared by carrot and milk especially in Indian subcontinent. Food preparation Gajar ka halwa is a fun point, in addition it ends up being a lot more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 5 components, you can begin cooking 3 actions. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements for Gajar ka halwa
- Need 1/2 kg of gajar/carrot(cleaned and grated).
- Prepare 1/2 litre Full cream milk.
- Give 1 bowl Sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp – cardamon powder.
- Need 2 spoon of ghee.
Its very easy to prepare and cook however it takes little bit of time to cook. Gajar ka halwa with step by step photos and video is an easy and quick carrot halwa that is so There is something about the hot Gajar ka halwa during the cold, chilly day that makes you feel so. Gajar ka halwa can be prepared with very few ingredients which include carrots, milk, sugar, cardamom and khoya. First carrots are peeled off and added to heated ghee.
Gajar ka halwa making process
- Take a pan on medium flame on gas put the ghee in the pan add grated carrot and milk and cook it for 15mins stir it continuosly try not to make any lumps in it.
- Add sugar in the pan after the sugar dissolves in 15mins and ghee starts leaving the sides add cardamon powder.
- Switch off the gas garnish it. your hot delicious gajar halwa is ready to eat enjoy.
Khoya carrot halwa recipe with stepwise photos. The halwa tastes good whether you serve it warm or chilled. In many Indian functions and weddings vanilla ice cream is served along with warm gajar. Gajar Halwa is made in north India only during winters. The reason is that it is made using the fresh red carrots that we get in winters in Delhi.