Cypriot tahini pies with orange flavor. Today we're going to make Cypriot tahini pies. Tahini, sugar and cinnamon is a perfect combination, but the orange zest makes it irresistible! Add remaining sugar, sesame seeds, cinnamon, and orange zest to the tahini.
The addition of sesame seeds makes the pies crunchy, but it is optional. This is a hand pie with layers of dough and sweet filling that melts in your mouth and my personal favorite. Cypriot tahini pies are a much easier to make than honeyed Greek desserts. Food preparation Cypriot tahini pies with orange flavor is a fun point, in addition it comes to be a lot more unique worth if you cook it on your own. By using the adhering to 10 active ingredients, you can start cooking 12 actions. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Cypriot tahini pies with orange flavor
- It’s 250 g of bread flour.
- You need 250 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 300 ml of water warm.
- It’s 25 g of yeast fresh (or 7g dry instant).
- It’s 300 g of tahini.
- You need 300 g of sugar granulated.
- You need 2 of tsps cinnamon ground.
- It’s of zest of an orange.
- Prepare 50 g of sesame seeds (optional).
Dip each pie immediately into reserved syrup, coating well on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and let cool. Once cooled completely, they can be stored in an air tight container. In Cyprus these were street food and I remember back when we used to buy tahinopita at school, from street vendors who had a three or four wheeled cart which was Cypriot Traditional Tahinopita is a Lenten or vegan sweet bread, which is very flavourful as it is filled with tahini, sugar and cinnamon.
Cypriot tahini pies with orange flavor step by step
- Add about a tsp of the weighed sugar and a little bit of the warm water to the yeast. Mix well..
- In a mixing bowl, sift the two types of flour. Add salt and blend..
- Add the yeast mixture. Start adding water gradually and knead for 15 minutes, until you have a soft dough..
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover; place it in a warm spot and let it rise for 45 min..
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Add sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and sesame seeds to the tahini. Mix well..
- Weigh the dough and cut it into 8 equal pieces..
- Take one piece of dough and roll out a small disk, about 15cm/6inches in diameter. Put 2 tbsps of filling in the middle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Flatten it with your hand, then roll it out until it gets about 15cm/6inches in diameter..
- Roll the sheet into a log about 30cm/12inches long. Cut in half. Stretch each piece to get a little longer..
- Swirl both sides creating two opposite spirals. Fold in half, covering one spiral with the other. This way, you create layers of dough and filling. Flatten it again and put in on a baking tray, covered with parchment paper..
- Repeat the process for the rest of the dough until you have 16 hand-pies in total..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F, middle position, for 15 to 17min, till they're golden brown..
Citrus Tahini Dressing – this creamy dressing is the perfect drizzle for all of your leafy greens. Oil free, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, and vegan. This hearty kale superfood salad was the original inspiration for this orange tahini dressing. I love that kale is so sturdy and can really hold up to a. A delicious, traditional Cypriot pie gets a make over to suit the home baker.