Beef Au Gratin Casserole. With layers upon layers of beefy and cheesy goodness, this baked dish is packed with flavor. Ground Beef & Au Gratin Casserole. Mix the ground beef with the garlic powder, red onion, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil.
An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese and potatoes like a meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy scalloped potatoes with hamburger. Our house used to be the default party house. Husband and I both love to entertain and we have a pretty cool backyard for kids (pool, basketball, trampoline. Cooking Beef Au Gratin Casserole is an enjoyable point, moreover it comes to be more unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the following 14 ingredients, you can start cooking 19 steps. observe the following area for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients for Beef Au Gratin Casserole
- Require for Olive Oil Spray.
- It’s 1.5 lbs for ground beef.
- Need 1.5 lbs – petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Need 1 cup shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Give of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup for butter.
- It’s 1 medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Give 1 Tbsp dried thyme.
- Need 3 cups chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup – sour cream.
- It’s 1 lb – block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Spoon corn evenly over meat mixture. This is a very hearty and soul warming casserole. Would be great served on a cold winter's night. Good any ole time of the year.
Beef Au Gratin Casserole start cooking
- Spray 13×9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain well. Hope you all enjoy this yummy and simple recipe from yours truly 🙂 Potato au gratin is a very common, yet delicious side dish, however I decide.. Ham and Potatoes au Gratin Casserole. If you have leftover ham and vegetables to use, this is a great potato casserole dish to repurpose those into a whole new and delicious meal. A simple meal to whip up in less than an hour that even the kids are sure to love.