Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I've had. This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect.
This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. So don't make the soup, until you have time to go to the Asian Market. Trust me. ?. "The soup part was very tasty but it made the chicken bits seem flavorless. Food preparation Thai Coconut Chicken Soup is a fun thing, moreover it comes to be much more special value if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 20 ingredients, you can begin cooking 2 actions. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients requirements for Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- It’s 1/2 cup – chicken boiled and shredded.
- It’s 1 capsicum sliced.
- Prepare 5-6 beans chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp – green peas.
- Need 1/2 cup shredded cabbage.
- Give 2 tbsp of spring onions chopped.
- Require 5-6 cloves – garlic minced.
- Need 1/2 tsp for ginger grated or paste.
- Provide 2 tbsp – fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Give 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 4-5 for dry lemon grass stalks broken to pieces.
- Require 2 tbsp for coriander chopped.
- Provide 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Give 2 tsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of green chilli sauce.
- Require 1 tsp red chilli sauce.
- Give 1 tbsp – thick coconut cream.
- Require 1 tbsp cornflour.
- It’s 1 tbsp refined oil.
I highly suggest seasoning your chicken before adding it to this dish. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chile paste, basil, and cilantro. While warming and thoroughly comforting, this dish comes together incredibly quickly.
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup instructions
- Boil chicken pieces with little salt and 1 cup water.Shred the pieces and reserve stock.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and stir fry minced garlic to light golden brown.Add shredded ginger and toss.Add chopped vegetables and chicken stock alongwith the shredded chicken.Add 1.5 cups water and boil.Add mixed herbs,lemon grass,soya sauce,chilli sauce,salt and black pepper.Add the coconut milk and boil.Make a slurry of cornflour and add it to the soup.Sprinkle lemon juice..
- Remove the lemon grass stalks before serving.Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and thick coconut cream.Serve piping hot coconut chicken soup as an appetiser or with noodles as a full meal..
For national soup month in January, I came up with a new recipe every day. It's so easy, with just a touch of special Thai flavors. It's so easy, with just a touch of special Thai flavors. For an even richer flavor, try using whole coconut milk. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan. This Thai Coconut Chicken Soup is no exception.