Carrot Idli with coriander coconut chutney.
Food preparation Carrot Idli with coriander coconut chutney is a fun point, in addition it comes to be extra special value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 18 components, you can start cooking 3 steps. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Carrot Idli with coriander coconut chutney
- You need For Idli.
- Give 1 for cup: sooji/rawa/semolina.
- Require 1 cup: curd.
- It’s 1/2 of cup: water.
- Need 1 – carrot, grated.
- It’s 1 – tsp: salt or less.
- Provide 1/2 for tsp: baking soda.
- Provide For the coconut chutney.
- Need 3/4 cup – Desiccated coconut.
- Need 1 cup Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 10-12 of Curry leaves.
- Provide 1 inch for ginger peeled and roughly chopped.
- Need 1-2 of Green chilli(optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need Tempering.
- Give 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 pinch for hing.
Carrot Idli with coriander coconut chutney how to cook
- For the Idli: Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadai and roast the sooji for 2-3minutes till it's fragrant but the colour should not change. Add the salt and let it cool. In a bowl, add the roasted sooji, curd, grated carrot and water mix well. Add the soda-bi-card and mix. Leave it for 10 minutes to rise. In the meanwhile grease the idli mold and heat the water in a steamer. After 10 minutes, transfer the batter to the mold and steam for 12-15 minutes or till idlis are done..
- For the chutney Add all the ingredients for the chutney to a grinder jar and grinder to a smooth paste using some water. For the tempering, heat oil in a terming pan. Add the mustard seeds and hing. Let it splutter. Add the tempering to the chutney.
- Serve hot and soft idlis with green coriander- coconut chutney..