Hilsa fish tel jhol/ Bengali Hilsa light curry. Kancha Ilish Macher Tel Jhal Bengali Recipe It is very light fish curry recipe. This Ilish macher patla jhol recipe is so delicious and easy to cook.
A hearty Bengali Ilish (Hilsa) curry that 'Tel jhol' is the name given to a light Bengali curry, which is infused with flavours of kaalo jeere, green chillies, and sharp mustard oil. Catching of hilsa before the spawning stage is detrimental to the progression of the next generation. Hilsa fish curry: This Bengali recipe is very easy to prepare, tastes delicious and is a great accompaniment with steamed rice. Cooking Hilsa fish tel jhol/ Bengali Hilsa light curry is a fun thing, furthermore it becomes extra unique value if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 10 ingredients, you can start cooking 1 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking quickly.
Ingredients requirements for Hilsa fish tel jhol/ Bengali Hilsa light curry
- Require 6 pieces for hilsa.
- Prepare 1 of brinjal.
- Need 1/4 tsp for kalonji (nigella).
- Need 1/2 tsp for Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp for red chilli powder.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies.
- Need 1 tbsp tomato puree.
- You need 4 tbsp – mustard oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s To taste for salt.
Shallow fry the Hilsa fish pieces, till golden brown. NOW PLAYING ON YouTube: Ilish Machh'er Tel Jhol (Hilsa fish in a light curry with aubergines) is one of the simplest yet delectable dishes that can be made with a good hilsa. Ilish Polao Hilsa Pulao Elish Polau is bengali style fish pilaf. Ilish Mach or Hilsa is not just a fish to a Bengali, it's an emotion!
Hilsa fish tel jhol/ Bengali Hilsa light curry how to cook
- Wash and smear salt and turmeric and set aside for sometime.Slit brinjal from middle and chop into 2" pieces.Smear salt and fry brinjal. Sprinkle kalonji in the remaining oil.Place the fish carefully in hot oil.Toss lightly and pour water.Add brinjal, tomato puree,turmeric and red chilli powder.Add salt to taste and green chillies.Boil few minutes only as hilsa is very soft.Serve hot with rice this lip smacking light curry..
Elish or Ilish is the chosen one as fish of Bangladesh by our Bangladeshi siblings and we Indian Bengalis do our 'jumping-jhopang' dance on its yearly visit to India during. A Bengali Dimer Jhol or Dimer Dalna happens on the days when there is no fish or meat with the meal. Or when you have an almost empty However this is not how it always used to be in Bengal. The Britishers were responsible for introducing the egg (and the chicken) to the Bengali cuisine. Hilsa Curry is commonly known as Ilish Macher Jhol/Jhaal in Bengali.