Hilsa Fish Curry – South Indian Fusion Style. This traditional Bong or Bengali (Indian) recipe is made up of Hilsa fish, unsweetened curd/yogurt and basic Indian herbs and spices. South Indian cuisine includes the recipes of the five southern states of India: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana. This South Indian fish curry recipe, also called meen kulambu, is a delicately flavored dish infused with tangy tamarind that can be served with idli (a savory.
If you love having fish This curry recipe is prepared by marinating Hilsa or Ilish fish with turmeric and salt and is then shallow fried on low flame. Fish curry recipe south indian, fish gravy Fish is obtained in many varieties and there are hundreds of different species of fish and the most common fish used in India is Rohu, Tuna, Tilapia, Hilsa, Salmon, Pomphret etc… This fiery fish curry is just what you need. Cooking Hilsa Fish Curry – South Indian Fusion Style is a fun point, additionally it comes to be extra special worth if you prepare it on your own. By using the complying with 16 ingredients, you can start cooking 8 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients requirements for Hilsa Fish Curry – South Indian Fusion Style
- Need 4-5 pieces for Hilsa Fish.
- You need 2-3 tbsp oil.
- Require 2-3 dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp for asafoetida.
- Require 1 – onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 inch ginger, chopped.
- Provide 2-3 for garlic cloves, chopped.
- Give 1-2 sprig – curry leaves.
- Provide to taste for salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. – turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp for red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 for green chilies, slit.
- Give 2-3 tbsp for fresh grated coconut.
- Provide 2-3 tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
It is made with kokum, coconut oil, spices, curry leaves and loads of red chilly. Oily fish, Hilsa is a much-loved local delicacy in Bengal. The tenderness of the flesh, unique taste and silvery appeal make it the 'queen of fish'. The south indian fish curry can also be serve along with dosa.
Hilsa Fish Curry – South Indian Fusion Style process
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with dry red chilies and mustard seeds..
- After it stops spluttering, add the onion, ginger, garlic, asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute till light brown..
- Add all the sry spices and give it a stir..
- Add the marinated fish and green chilies. Cover and cook on a low flame for 4-5 minutes. Turn the fish halfway through..
- Add the fresh coconut and cook, covered for another 2 minutes..
- When done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..
I have seen fish curry being served with appam in aapa kadai restaurant. Fish curry is DELICIOUS! i love the added heat it has to it and the combination of all the flavors and spices. one of my favorite indian recipes for sure ?. Fish curry is an Indian dish featuring white fish cooked in a spiced broth or sauce, typically served with basmati rice, idli, or dosa. In Southern India, yogurt-based raita might be prepared with grated radish, coconut, and black mustard seeds, instead of the traditional Northern version of cucumber and. Tasty white fish fillets are baked in a spicy curry sauce.