Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies are one of the most-baked cookies in America. But just because they're common, doesn't mean they're boring. A whole-wheat chewy chocolate chip cookie, of course!
Use a good bittersweet chocolate for these cookies, as the flavor of high-quality chocolate pairs best with whole-wheat flour. These cookies are the size of your palm, with thick, chewy edges, soft centers-and big chocolate chunks. Does whole wheat flour make cookies taste different? Food preparation Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies is an enjoyable point, moreover it ends up being more special worth if you cook it on your own. By using the complying with 9 ingredients, you can start cooking 5 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Give 1 Cup shortening/vegetable oil spread (2 sticks).
- Give 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup for granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Give 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp for baking soda.
- Require 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips.
But I don't think that that's a bad thing. Whole wheat flour will give your cookies a more "earthy" flavor. Ingredients in low sugar healthy whole wheat chocolate chip cookies: The ingredient list for these cookies is SO short. My whole family and I really love the flavor of these cookies.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies steps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients (flour and baking powder and soda) and mix until fully blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Put about a spoonful of dough two inches apart from each other on a slightly greased baking sheet and bake cookies at 375 degrees from 8-10 min.
- Take out cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Once they are fully cooled, enjoy!! ?.
The whole wheat gives them sort of a graham cracker taste, and the butter and brown sugar give them a rich caramel-y flavor. Whole wheat chocolate chip cookie recipe. Check out the step-by-step photos and tips above the recipe. This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is actually a take on these oatmeal berry cookies with some simple modifications. The only flours here I recommend are whole wheat, whole wheat white, spelt flour or all-purpose flour.