Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole. This casserole has a hearty base of turkey chili with beans along with hot dogs, melted cheddar cheese and the bubbling up of biscuits throughout. My husband ate this for several meals in a row! Serve this comforting casserole with a side of freshly steamed green beans.
If you've got a little more time on your hands, fancy it up by making your own homemade chili instead of the canned. This casserole is great served with a ketchup and mustard drizzle or topped with a mixture of chopped sweet onion, red onion or sliced green onions. Add some spicy heat with sliced jalapeños. Food preparation Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole is a fun thing, in addition it becomes more unique value if you cook it yourself. By using the adhering to 14 components, you can start cooking 3 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Composition of Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole
- You need 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 for yellow onion, diced.
- Require 1 bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 cloves – garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 lb. ground beef.
- You need 4 of hot dogs, sliced into bite sized pieces.
- Need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) – unsalted diced tomatoes.
- Need 1 can (8 oz.) – unsalted tomato sauce.
- Give 1 1/2 tbsp. for chili powder.
- Need 1 tsp. for each cumin, oregano, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp. for each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Give 1 can (7.5 oz.) – refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits quartered.
- Require 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
Substitute pepper Jack cheese in place of the Cheddar for a chili cheese dog casserole with more spicy heat. Bubble Up Chili Cheese Dog CasseroleEmily Bites. Chili Cheese Tater Tot Hot Dog CasseroleThe Kitchen Divas. Kids and dads alike will dive right into this hearty, comforting dish.
Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole how to cook
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the hot dog pieces and cook them, stirring occasionally, until they have browned. Then remove them from the pan to a seperate plate and cover it loosely with foil..
- Add the peppers, onions and ground beef to the skillet. Cook until the beef is browned throughout and the peppers and onions have softened. Drain any fat, if needed. Then stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, hot dog pieces, seasonings, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Let it come to a simmer and preheat the oven to 350°F in the meantime. Grease a 9×13" baking pan and set it aside..
- Let the chili mixture simmer for 10 minutes or so if you have the time (to better develop the flavors). Then pour the mix out into the prepared baking pan. Gently stir in the biscuit pieces and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes. After that, remove it and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Return it to the oven until the biscuit pieces are completely cooked through (mainly the pieces in the center). This really depends on your oven…it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Then serve..
In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute Simply delish! My family likes cornbread served on the side! Cook up the rest in a skillet on the stove! We give you: the chili cheese dog bubble up casserole.