Malai kofta in red gravy. Check out the recipe of Malai Kofta in Red Gravy. I've already posted the recipe of Malai Kofta in White Gravy a few days ago. Malai = Heavy cream Kofta = meatballs.
These koftas are dipped into the heavy cream. Then they are added into smooth, rich Punjabi red gravy. This red gravy is made from onion, tomato, cashew nuts. Cooking Malai kofta in red gravy is a fun point, in addition it comes to be more special worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 34 components, you can start cooking 8 steps. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking promptly.
Composition – Malai kofta in red gravy
- Give for For red gravy-.
- Provide 2 tbsp butter.
- Require 2 tbsp of oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp for ginger-garlic-green chillies paste.
- Need 1 of big onion very finely chopped onion.
- It’s 2 for medium to big tomatoes grated.
- Give – as per taste Salt.
- Provide 1 tsp dhaniya jeera powder.
- Need 1 tsp for jeera powder.
- Need 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Require 1 tsp for kitchen king masala/paubhaji masala.
- Need 1/4 tsp for turmeric powder.
- You need for as per taste Salt.
- Give 1 tbsp kasoori methi.
- It’s 1 tsp of cashew nuts(soak in water for 30 min).
- Require 1 tsp magattari seeds(soak in water for 30 min).
- Need 1 tsp poppy seeds(soak in water for 30 min).
- You need 1 tbsp for fresh cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp for grated cheese.
- Require 1 tbsp for milk powder.
- You need For Kofta – outer layer.
- Provide 2 – big size potatoes.
- Need 1 tbsp – corn flour.
- Give for as per taste Salt.
- Provide of For For Kofta – stuffing-.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger green chillies paste.
- Need 1 tbsp – chopped almond and cashew nuts.
- Give 1 tsp of chopped sultanas (dry grapes).
- Require 1 Pinch salt.
- It’s 1 pinch for cardemom powder.
- It’s 1 tsp – milk powder.
- You need 2 tbsp chopped coriander.
- Require 1 tbsp – paneer crumbs.
- Prepare for as required Oil to fry.
Malai kofta is a popular as well as most sought after vegetarian Indian dish in restaurants. Malai means cream and Kofta are fried dumpling balls. In this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the kofta are made with paneer and potatoes. They are crisp as well as melt in the mouth.
Malai kofta in red gravy how to cook
- To prepare gravy, first heat oil and butter in a nonstick pan. Fry ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and then onion till it turns slightly brown..
- Add grated tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, jeera powder, kitchen king masala, and dhaniya jeera powder. Toss kasoori methi a bit till crunchy and then rub it in between your palms over the curry. Mix everything and fry well for about 3-4 min or till oil oozes. Make a smooth paste of cashew, magattari and poppy seeds using a bit of water to grind. Add it in the gravy. Combine everything..
- Lightly run the paubhaji crusher through this mixure and mash it up to get smooth texture as much as possible. Add about 1/4 cup water, mix and then add milk powder. Combine well and fry for a minute or two or till oil oozes. Add a cup or two water to adjust the consistency of the gravy. Add fresh cream and cheese. Blend everything well and fry till oil oozes on the surface. Gravy is ready..
- For kofta: Boil potatoes in salty water. Peel and mash them smooth. Add salt and cornflour. Combine everything well and ensure that there are no pieces of potatoes left in it. Combine all the items for kofta stuffing..
- Take a lemon size ball of potato, make it smooth in your palm. Press it between the palms to make thepli. Fold your palm a bit to make the pli deep in between. Fill in the stuffing and seal it gently. You can fold your palm further more to bring the edges together to make it easy to seal..
- Press and turn this ball gently like you are making laddus. This will seal the kofta well all around and shape it. Make smooth balls. Sprinkle a little corn over them. Shake a ball at a time on your fingers to spread the flour evenly and to get rid of excess flour..
- Heat oil near to smoking temperature. Put a ball on the frying spoon and gently slide it in the oil. Place a few ball like this in the oil and fry light brown. Remove from oil..
- For Serving : just at the time of serving, place the koftas in the serving plate. Pour gravy over them and garnish with fresh cream..
Malai Kofta is a delicious North Indian specialty dish consisting of soft Paneer & Potato balls floated in rich gravy. Malai Kofta is made in a thick creamy gravy made from ground cashew nuts, onion, tomato and various spices. The gravy for malai kofta has a slight hint of sweetness. Malai Kofta is a classic rich and creamy North Indian dish perfect for parties, special occasions. Perfect with chapati, naan, all pulaos and parathas.