Malai Kofta Curry. Malai kofta recipe – Make the best restaurant style malai paneer kofta in delicious and creamy gravy. Traditionally kofta curry is made from meat. But here I am sharing vegetarian malai kofta curry.
Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish originated from the Mughlai cuisine. Malai refers to the cream and koftas are deep fried paneer and vegetable dumplings in rich and creamy tomato gravy. Malai kofta, despite its name, usually doesn't contain malai or cream. Cooking Malai Kofta Curry is a fun point, additionally it becomes a lot more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the following 29 components, you can begin cooking 6 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients Malai Kofta Curry
- It’s for FOR KOFTA:.
- Provide 1 cup for panner, grated.
- Need 2 potatoes, boiled.
- Need 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- Provide 1 tbsp cashews, chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp – almonds, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp for corn flour or maida / all-purpose flour.
- You need As needed of oil for shallow / deep frying.
- It’s To taste – salt.
- Give of FOR PUREE:.
- It’s 1 tbsp – oil.
- Provide 1 onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 – to matoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
- Provide 1-2 tsp – chilli powder – adjust to your spice level.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 tsp – coriander powder.
- Provide of FOR KOFTA GRAVY:.
- Need 2 tsp oil / butter.
- Need 1 for bay leaf / tej patta.
- Provide 2 cardamom / elaichi.
- Provide 3 cloves – cloves/ lavang.
- Prepare 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini.
- Need 1/4 cup of cashew paste.
- Require 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Give 1/4 cup for water, adjust to the consistency.
- It’s 1/4 cup for fresh cream, any cooking cream (low fat preferably).
- It’s 1 tbsp for kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves.
You need the ingredients to not be The curry sauce that goes with the kofta is really simple to make, and it comes together quickly. Malai Kofta Curry, the mouth-melting koftas are made of fresh coconut and potatoes rather than the more common paneer-based koftas, and the gravy too is a class apart as it is neither bland nor too. Malai Kofta traces it origin to the Mughlai cuisine, where the dumplings The main difference comes from the ingredients used in making the kofta, as well as slightly variations in the curry preparation. Malai Kofta is a rich creamy and delicious recipe which is often served as a side dish for naan Koftas are Indian fried balls which can be either made with meat Chicken Kofta Curry or with.
Malai Kofta Curry how to cook
- KOFTA RECIPE : in a large mixing bowl, take grated paneer, boiled potatoes and mash them well. make sure there are no lumps of potatoes. you can alternatively grate the potatoes as well.add salt, garam masala and chopped dry fruits (cashews and almonds).combine everything well. and make small lemon sized balls.coat with corn flour / maida flour to get a crispy coating.deep fry the koftas on medium heat. you can also shallow fry till they turn golden brown..
- Flip in between to get uniform browning. once the koftas turn golden brown, drain to a paper towel to absorb excess oil..
- PUREE RECIPE: in a large kadai, take oil and saute chopped onions till they sweat.next add ginger-garlic paste. saute till the raw smell of ginger-garlic disappears.now add chopped tomatoes and saute for a minute or two.then cook them covered for at least 15 minutes or till they are completely cooked.time to add dry spices like turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder..
- Fry the masala on medium flame and make sure you do not burn them.switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely before you blend them to smooth puree.blend to smooth puree adding required water..
- KOFTA CURRY RECIPE: in a large kadai, take oil and fry spices. fry bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick till they turn fragrant. now add the blended puree prepared previously.boil the paste for 3 minutes on medium flame. keep stirring continuously else they will start popping out and create a mess.now add cashew paste and give a good mix.cover and cook for 10 minutes. now add garam masala.
- Salt to taste and some water. adjust the consistency of gravy. give a good mix and get to a boil.add ¼ cup of fresh cream (malai) and cook for a minute.finally add crushed kasuri methi.place the koftas into the serving plate and pour the gravy over it. enjoy malai kofta with hot garlic naan / chapati / rotis. Did you try this recipe?.
Malai kofta recipe in a delicious and creamy gravy. For more recipes related to Malai Kofta Curry checkout Reshmi Paneer Pepper Kadai, Paneer Urad Methi, Jain Malai Kofta, Paneer Malvani Curry. Deep fried balls (koftas) made with potato and paneer are dunked in a creamy spiced velvety smooth curry. It's the ultimate indulgence and pairs beautifully with garlic. Malai kofta is best served with roti or paratha or naan or roomali roti.