White khichdi of Moong Dal. Moong Dal Khichdi is a healthy and comforting meal made with rice and lentils. It's lightly seasoned, wholesome and good for you! Serve this moong dal khichdi with a dollop of ghee on top and yogurt & pickle on the side!
Its a delicious healthy recipe with lots of health benefits. Khichdi can be made with any dal mainly masoor dal(red gram) or moong dal (yellow dal) and is a very yummy dish that is popular in India and. White Huggi is a healthy and delicious Rice recipe and suitable for all. Food preparation White khichdi of Moong Dal is a fun point, furthermore it comes to be a lot more unique value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the following 6 active ingredients, you can start cooking 7 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients requirements – White khichdi of Moong Dal
- It’s 1 cup – khichdi rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Moong Dal lentil.
- Require 3 cup for water.
- Prepare To taste salt.
- Give 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of ghee.
In South Karnataka, huggi is also called as khara pongal and it is also a popular. moong dal khichdi is very popular as a comfort food. It is sure to soothe you and make you feel better when you are off colour, especially if you are down with a fever or stomach ache! I love eating my hot bowl of moong dal khichdi with raw white onions, fresh mango pickle and curd. Making a moong dal khichdi for babies with vegetable may be one of the best ways to prepare a balanced and nutritious meal.
White khichdi of Moong Dal how to cook
- Take rice and Moong Dal in bowl mix it and wash it three times..
- Let it soaked in water for 10 min. If you are in hurry you can avoid for soaking and get it cook..
- Add 3 cup of water in pressure cooker and let it boil. Add salt and 1 tbspn oil..
- Now add mix khichdi in it. And mix it well. When water start boiling. Rice and dal started dancing in it cover the lid of cooker. Get it wisteling for 3-5..
- After wistel turn off stove and let pressure get released. Open the cooker and add 1-2 tbspn ghee. Mix it well..
- White khichdi is ready to serve with Kadhi Accompaniment with papad..
- For Kadhi I already posted it's recipe you can go through my profile recipe..
Introducing brown rice to babies We use white rice alone with dal and veggies initially since white rice is easier to digest, then slowly introduce brown rice as the brown rice. however this is simple moong dal khichdi recipe and it is ideal recipe for young kids and for those recovering from indigestion problem. i prepare this recipe quite often specially for my husband's lunch box as it is easy to prepare in jiffy. moreover it is very filling compared to any other traditional pulav. Moong dal khichdi, is a very basic and healthy food. Every house hold has their own recipe for khichdi. At my home khichdi was made with split moong dal and rice. I have added the laucki (ghia, opo squash, bottle gourd), to make this a more complete one dish and one pot meal.