Ragi roti(Finger millet roti)with coconut chutney. The ragi or finger millet is a magic millet, which is known for its nutritional values and health benefits. Ragi Rotti is a healthy, diabetic-friendly, gluten-free and vegan breakfast recipe. Serve it with Coconut chutney or Peanut chutney.
Though color of ragi rotti is not very appealing to the eyes, after the first piece,it would surely appeal to your. the ragi roti can be prepared in two ways. the first one is rolling out like normal chapathi. the second option is hand-beaten on top of banana leaf or even aluminium foil. however my mother in law prepares this deliciously, and it taste great when prepared on banana leaf. just before jumping into the recipe. Ragi roti is a traditional karnataka style spiced rotti that is eaten mostly for breakfast or a meal. It is served with chutney and kosambari, a vegetable and lentil salad. Cooking Ragi roti(Finger millet roti)with coconut chutney is an enjoyable point, in addition it ends up being extra unique worth if you cook it yourself. By using the complying with 15 ingredients, you can start cooking 10 steps. observe the following area for you to start cooking promptly.
Composition Ragi roti(Finger millet roti)with coconut chutney
- It’s For Ragi roti(ingredients for two roti):.
- You need 2 cups for ragi flour.
- You need 11/2 cup – Finely chopped onion.
- Give 2 – green chillies finely chopped.
- You need to taste Salt.
- Prepare As needed of Water.
- Require Some – Oil as per requirement(i have used groundnut oil).
- Give Some – moringa leaves(drumstick leaves if u wish).
- It’s As required of Green coconut chutney(serves for two).
- Require 1 cup freshly grated coconut.
- Prepare 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 green chillies.
- Require To taste for Salt.
- Need As needed for Water.
- Require As needed Seasoning(oil,mustard seeds,curry leaves).
These are made similar to the Ragi mudde is a traditional dish made using finger millet flour. It is cooked in water until thick and then a. I served it with coconut chutney and the chutney recipe is given with this post. This chutney has a little more chillies and tamarind which goes well with this bland ragi idiyappam.
Ragi roti(Finger millet roti)with coconut chutney making
- Ragi roti: In a wide vessel add ragi flour,onion,greenchillies and salt..
- Add some water and mix all the ingredients with your hand to make a dough.The dough should not be so hard or soft it should be medium consistency..
- Let it set for 2 mins.Then turn on the stove place the tava(dont use non stick tava).Let the tawa heat up.Keep it on medium flame..
- Once the tava has heaten up,Add some oil,take the dough and place it on the tava and spread it with your hand(direct method)..
- Another method is that you can place the dough in a banana leaf spread with oil and put it in the tava..
- Once the roti has been cooked one side turn up the other side.It should cook well.The whole process should be done in medium flame.Once both sides have cooked well it is ready to serve..
- Green coconut chutney:In a mix jar add freshly grated coconut,fresh coriander leaves,salt,green chillies and add some water and grind it..
- Seasoning:Turn on the stove,place a pan,add some oil,once oil has heaten up add mustard seeds and curry leaves..
- Add the seasoning to the ground coconut chutney.Now it is ready to serve..
- Ragi roti and green coconut chutney combo will be best and healthy breakfast.so please do try and enjoy:)#ReshKitchen.
So give this a try and let me know how it turns out. Ragi or finger millet is consumed in the form of porridge, roti, dosa, idli, and biscuits. With a very high amount of calcium and potassium when compared Ragi is the best millet for weight loss considering its nutritional value and its anti-nutritional factors. In its whole form ragi has numerous health benefits. This finger millet bread is ragi rotti, a finger millet flat bread recipe.