Bengali style Dry Chicken Curry/ Kosha Murgir Mangsho. How to make Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe. Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe (Chicken in a Spicy Dry Gravy) is made of succulent chicken. The spicy chicken in dry gravy comes with sinfully caramelised onion, fragrance of ginger and a hint of cardamom.
This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful jhol.. This is the simplest form of Bengali chicken curry which proves to be the best combination with steamed rice, rooti or luchi. This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful, stew-like jhol (curry). Food preparation Bengali style Dry Chicken Curry/ Kosha Murgir Mangsho is a fun thing, furthermore it comes to be extra unique value if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 21 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 4 actions. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking promptly.
Ingredients requirements Bengali style Dry Chicken Curry/ Kosha Murgir Mangsho
- Give 600 gm – chicken drumsticks.
- Require 3 of medium onions.
- Need 5 tbsp – mustard oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp – ghee.
- It’s 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Give 1/2 tsp – red chilli powder.
- Provide 2 potatoes quartered (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of chicken curry masala.
- Need 1 tsp for garam masala.
- You need 2 tbsp yogurt (dahi).
- You need 2 tbsp for tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp for chopped coriander.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- Need 1 tbsp – ginger paste.
- Give 1 tbsp for garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 for bay leaves.
- Need 7-8 clove.
- Give 2 cardamom.
- You need 1 small stick cinnamon.
- Require 7-8 of peppercorn.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of shahi jeera.
It is so versatile that it can be eaten with rice/roti for a hearty weeknight dinner, or as. Chicken Kosha is an age-old Bengali way of cooking Chicken. Like Kosha Mangsho this one is also high on spice level and not for faint-hearted. 😉 The word Kosha (a Bengali word) means dryish or a gravy which is quite dry in consistency. It's a popular dish; every Bengali family cooks it in their own way, so, the recipe may vary a little bit from home to home.
Bengali style Dry Chicken Curry/ Kosha Murgir Mangsho making
- Marinate chicken with curd/dahi,little salt,2 tbsp mustard oil and meat masala for 2 hours.Meanwhile grind 1 onion to a paste alongwith ginger and garlic paste.Mix it in the chicken..
- Heat oil in a wok and sprinkle shahjeera, then half crushed peppercorns,laung, elaichi and cinnamon.When they splutter fry finely chopped onions alongwith little salt till soft and golden brown..
- If you want to add potatoes semi boil or steam them,lightly fry and set aside..
- Add the chicken with masalas,haldi, red chilli powder,bay leaves and toss till oil leaves sides.Add little water,the half cooked potatoes and cook covered on low flame till done.Add ghee.Garnish with chopped coriander and onion rings.Serve hot..
A little high on the spice quotient, this Kosha Mangsho recipe or Bengali Style Mutton Curry can be had with traditional crisp Bengali Luchi or with a portion of the delicious Bengali Mishti Pulao. This dish is traditionally made in a iron kadai which gives it a deep dark brown colour. Chunks of goat meat and potatoes cooked in an onion-ginger-garlic gravy with handsome portions of tomatoes, dahi or plain yogurt and pure mustard oil, will give you the fiery and spicy jhal jhal mutton kosha or kosha mangsho or bengali mutton curry. There is a milder more liquidy mutton recipe that we bengalis love as well, called mutton er jhol. Today's recipe however has more of a semi gravy.