Restaurant style malai kofta. Kofta curry has its origins in the Mughlai cuisine, in which meat balls were served in a creamy and delicious sauce. Friends please do try this easy Malai kofta recipe at home and please do share your feedback in the comments below. All the best and Spread the Joy of Cooking.
My favourite two Punjabi dishes to order at restaurants is restaurant style malai kofta and palak paneer. This restaurant style malai kofta curry is so delicious and very easy to make. Deep fried paneer balls are coated with cream and added into rich red gravy. Food preparation Restaurant style malai kofta is an enjoyable point, furthermore it ends up being a lot more special worth if you cook it yourself. By using the complying with 23 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 20 actions. observe the following area for you to begin cooking right away.
Composition of Restaurant style malai kofta
- Provide 2 for Potatoes – Boiled & Mashed.
- Prepare 100 gm Paneer – Mashed.
- Require 2 – Green Chilli – Finely Chopped.
- It’s 5-6 tbsp Maida / all purpose flour.
- Need 1.5 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp – Garam Masala.
- It’s 8-10 for Chasews – Chopped.
- You need 1 tsp Cumin Seeds.
- Need 1 – Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 2-3 – Cloves.
- Prepare 4-5 for Black Pepper.
- Provide 1 for Onion – Roughly Chopped.
- Need 2 – Tomatoes – Roughly Chopped.
- Give 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp – Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi – Crushed.
- It’s 2 tbsp – Fresh Cream / Malai.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need to Taste Salt.
- Give 2 tbsp for Butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves – Chopped.
- Give as needed for Oil.
Malai kofta recipe – This restaurant style malai kofta recipe is very easy to make at home. Malai kofta recipe – Make the best restaurant style malai paneer kofta in delicious and creamy gravy. The malai kofta gravy shared here is one of the best you can make at home. The taste of the gravy is well balanced with a natural sweetness that comes from onions.
Restaurant style malai kofta making process
- Mix mashed potatoes, mashed paneer, green chilli, some coariander, 1 tsp red chilli powder,salt, garam masala powder..
- Add maida, 1 tbsp at a time, & knead the mixture to make a dough. Roughly 4-5 tbsp of Maida will be used in this step..
- Take small portions of the dough & make round balls. Fill in some chopped chashew & make round balls..
- Lightly coat maida around Kofta Balls & keep aside..
- Heat oil in a deep pan..
- Turn the flame to medium & add Kofta balls one by one.
- After a minute, turn the balls & deep fry till they turn crispy and golden brown..
- Take them out & keep aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add whole spices, onions, cashews, tomatoes & salt. Saute at medium flame for 5-7 minutes with a covered lid..
- When the mixture cools down, grind them in a jar to make smooth paste..
- Strain this mixture to get perfectly smooth consistency. This step is optional..
- Heat butter in the pan. Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder & kashmiri chilli powder. Saute for few seconds..
- Add the prepared puree with 1/3 cup of water. Mix properly & cook for 2 minutes at medium flame..
- Add coriander powder,salt & turmeric powder. Mix and cook for 5-7 minutes at low flame with a covered lid..
- Add tomato sauce & mix..
- Add crushed Kasuri methi & mix..
- Add fresh cream or malai. Mix & cook for 5 minutes with a covered lid at low flame..
- Add coariander leaves & mix. Switch off the flame..
- Take Kofta balls in a plate. Spread the gravy over Kofta balls from top smoothly..
- ) Garnish with fresh cream. Malai Kofta is ready..
Malai Kofta traces it origin to the Mughlai cuisine, where the dumplings were generally made of some kind of meat. The recipe has evolved over time to this vegetarian version. There are many varieties of Kofta Recipes and other popular ones include Vegetable Kofta, Shahi Kofta, Lauki Kofta etc. Malai kofta is a vegetarian delight made of paneer and potato balls in a rich tomato gravy. Smooth, creamy, and oh so delicous!