Food preparation Rice Kheer is a fun thing, moreover it becomes more special value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the following 5 active ingredients, you can start cooking 7 actions. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer
- It’s 1 1/4 litre for milk.
- You need 80 gms for rice.
- You need 100 gms – sugar.
- Provide 2 crushed cardamoms.
- It’s 15 for almonds blanched and shredded.
Rice Kheer steps
- Rinse basmati rice a couple of times till the water runs clear of the starch. Then soak the rice in enough water for 15 to 20 mins..
- Take full-fat milk in a heavy pan or kadai. Keep the pan on a low to medium-low flame. Stir at intervals so that the milk does not stick at the bottom of the pan. Let the milk come to a boil..
- After the milk begins to boil, drain all the water from the rice and add it to the hot boiling milk. mix very well. cook rice on a low flame for 25 to 30 minutes. add crushed cardomom. No need to cover the pan. while stirring and scraping the sides of the pan occasionally..
- Cook until rice is soft and breaks easily on pinching with your finger. Do not add sugar before the rice has turned mushy. When rice softens, add almonds. It takes 1 hour for making kheer. Now you can see that rice have turned soft and kheer has got thick in consistency..
- Add the sugar and mix well.You can do more or less sugar quantity. As per your taste. simmer on a slow flame for 5-6 minutes while stirring occasionally..
- Kheer is ready, turn off the flame. Switch off the flame..
- Take out in the bowl. Garnish with almonds flakes.Serve hot or chilled..