Black forest cake. Black Forest gâteau (British English) or Black Forest cake (American English) is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. To me, a Black Forest Cake is a party cake. What says "celebration" more than chocolate cake, Kirsch flavored Morello cherries, and loads of sweet whipped cream?
Black forest and masha chocolate cake ! Blackforest Cake Ganache Chocolate Topper Unique. Easy eggless black forest cake for beginners. Food preparation Black forest cake is an enjoyable point, moreover it becomes much more special value if you cook it on your own. By using the following 19 ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 steps. observe the following section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Composition Black forest cake
- Need – For the chocolate cake.
- You need 200 gm for plain flour.
- Need 50 gm for cocoa powder.
- Provide 30 gm fine sugar.
- Provide 2 tsp – baking powder.
- Give 1 tsp baking soda/ sodium bicarbonate.
- It’s 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- Require 150 gm butter.
- You need 1 tbsp for vanilla.
- It’s 250 ml of water.
- Require For the cherry syrup.
- Provide 175 ml for water.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherries.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp sugar.
- You need of For the whipped cream.
- Need 2-3 cups of whipping cream.
- It’s of for Garnishing.
- Need as needed chocolate shavings.
- Provide as needed for cherry.
Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake. Homemade cake, sour cherry filling, and topped with whipped cream. Everything about this rich black forest cake is mouthwatering. Serve the black forest cake chilled.
Black forest cake steps
- Begin by greasing and lining the bases of two 8” round cake tins with greaseproof paper/baking parchment/butter paper. Alternately use a deep 9” or 10” round pan and then cut the cake into layers. If you have only one tin then, you can bake twice using the same cake batter..
- In a mixing bowl, assemble 200 gm (1 1/2 cups) flour, 50 gm (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, 30 gm (4 tbsp) sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda, mix with a spoon and sieve once to make the mixture uniform. Preheat the oven at about 150 c/300F..
- Add in the condensed milk, 150 gm melted butter, 1 tbsp vanilla and 250 ml (1 cup) water to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric hand mixer, stand mixer, whisk or spoon just until the mixture is uniform and smooth and there are no lumps. This shouldn’t take more than a minute with an electric hand mixer/beater. Be careful not to over beat as this tends to stiffen the batter which might lead to a less softer cake..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake for 25 to 30 or until a skewer or toothpick comes out clean. After the cakes are done, allow them to rest in their tins for 3 to 4 minutes and then invert them on to a cooling rack..
- Place one half of the cake over a serving plate. Put some cherry syrup all over it. Spread the whipped cream, leaving 1/4” space at the borders. Place the strained cherries over it..
- Carefully place the other half of the cake and moisten it with the cherry syrup. With the help of a palette knife level both the cakes, by pressing the knife over the sides, rotating the cake at the same time. Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form..
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake and cover it over the sides as well. With the help of a cone and an icing nozzle place stars or rosettes on the edges of the cake. To make it prettier, place a cherry on the top of each design..
- With the help of a vegetable peeler, peel a bar of chocolate to get chocolate curls. Place some chocolate curls in the centre of the cake. If the temperature is hot, then you can chill your chocolate and that will make it easier to shave off the chocolate. Place some mini chocolate curls on the sides of the cake as well. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours before slicing..
So goes very well as a dessert or for celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries. Black forest cake can seem super-intimidating to make—you need to bake cake layers, make a sour cherry syrup, and whip a frosting? Also, what in the world is kirschwasser, anyway? As far as I know, this cake recipe can be traced back to my German great-grandma. Chocolate cake with cherries on top!