Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. This delicious, mild curry is so easy to make.
If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. The prawns are cooked in a thick coconut milk gravy with whole spices for a strong, flavorful dish.. Food preparation Prawn malai curry is a fun thing, furthermore it comes to be a lot more unique value if you cook it on your own. By using the adhering to 15 components, you can begin cooking 5 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients Prawn malai curry
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds.
- Need 3 for cloves.
- Give 3 (1 inch) Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 4 – whole cloves.
- Provide 3 – green cardamon pods.
- Require 1 for onion grated.
- Need 11/4 tsp of ginger paste.
- Give 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Give 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Need 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup – water.
- Require 1 cup for coconut milk.
- You need 1 pound of tiger prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Need 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter) (optional).
Prawn Malai Curry and get all the details like Ingredients, Cooking Method of Prawn Malai Curry prawns, coconut milk, and select spices, the prawn Malai curry is relished during weddings, special. Ingredients of Chingri Malai Curry Recipe: Flavoured with a host of delectable spices such as cumin, chilli, turmeric and garam masala, this prawn curry will be the ultimate winner on your dinner table. Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice.
Prawn malai curry process
- Prepare the fresh garam masala: in a coffee grinder, grind the cardamom seeds, 3 whole cloves, and 3 cinnamon sticks to a fine powder. Set aside..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the 4 whole cloves, 4 cardamom pods, and 2 sticks of cinnamons and fry for a few seconds (take care as cloves tend to pop out of the pan). Stir in the grated onion and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until the liquid dries and the onion no longer smells raw, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Stir in the turmeric and cayenne pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water, cover the pan, and cook for an additional 5 minutes..
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir well. When the mixture is just below boiling, stir in the prawns. Sprinkle the mixture with almost all of the fresh garam masala powder, reserving a pinch to use as a garnish. Gently stir to combine. Do not cover the pan at this stage, as the coconut milk will curdle.
- As soon as the prawns are pink and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, add the ghee. Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle the reserved garam masala over the dish and serve..
Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked. Today we will learn how to make prawn malai recipe – a delicious curry made with prawns and cream. Usually, prawns are available fried and salted but this recipe would allow you to enjoy prawn in spicy. The Bengali prawn curry 'Chingri Malai' uses prawns with coconut to make a truly sumptuous dish.