Moong Dal Halwa and Crispy Corn. Moong dal halwa recipe with step by step photos. Moong dal halwa is an addictive and delicious halwa variety made from mung lentils and ghee I was avoiding making the halwa all the times for obvious reasons. I would suggest to use non stick pan or kadai to make this moong dal halwa.
A classic Moong Dal Halwa that is relished throughout Rajasthan during the winter months, as it is supposed to keep the body warm and protect it from the bitter winter cold. moong dal halwa is an Indian dessert recipe which is very famous North-Indian recipe and is made with yellow moong dal. Moong dal halwa is a classic Indian sweet dish made with moong lentils, sugar, ghee and cardamom powder. Moong dal halwa tastes not only delicious but is also aromatic and makes for a great celebration dessert. Food preparation Moong Dal Halwa and Crispy Corn is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it ends up being much more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 13 ingredients, you can begin cooking 14 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients requirements Moong Dal Halwa and Crispy Corn
- Prepare 100 gm for Moong Dal.
- Require 2 tbsp Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sugar.
- Give 120 ml of Ghee.
- You need 2 Tbsp for Cashews.
- Need 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder.
- Provide 2 Cup of Sweet Corn.
- Need As needed – Corn Flour.
- Give As needed for Rice Flour.
- Need As needed of Bread Crumbs.
- Require As needed of Oil.
- It’s To taste for Salt.
- Give to taste Red Chilli Powder.
The mouth melting texture, unique aroma and taste is what makes this so special. Moong dal halwa is a luxurious yet lip-smacking sweet from the state of Rajasthan. My first experience with this halwa was at a cousins wedding. Moong dal ka halwa will fill your home with a strong aroma captivating all your senses and making your mouth watery.
Moong Dal Halwa and Crispy Corn how to cook
- Wash the moong dal cook for 4 whistles in a cooker or until the dhal is nice and soft..
- Transfer the well cooked dal into a small mixi jar and grind it well to make a fine and mushy paste..
- Melt 60 ml ghee in a pan and roast the cashews, once they turn golden take it out of the pan and keep it aside..
- Now in the same pan add the wheat flour and roast for a minute until the raw smell is gone..
- Then add the mashed dhal and cook for few minutes. Once it starts to thicken add sugar and mix well..
- The mixture loosens as soon as we add sugar. However, keep it on a medium heat and cook until everything thickens..
- Gradually add in the rest of the ghee, 1 tbsp at a time and keep on stirring..
- Once the mixture thickens it will not stick to the pan when you stir with the ladle..
- At this point, add the rest of the ghee, roasted cashews and a pinch of cardamom and mix well..
- The Ashoka Halwa is now ready to be served..
- For the crispy corn, steam 2 cups of sweet corn on a steamer and set aside..
- With tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp salt, mix the steamed corn with 1 tbsp rice flour, 1 tbsp Corn Flour, 1 tbsp Bread crumbs and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder..
- In a shallow pan, shallow frying the corn for 2 minutes until brown..
- Serve the Moong Dhal Halwa and the Crispy Corn, the traditional way on a Banana leaf..
Moong Dal Halwa is a delicacy of the state of Rajasthan. It is a rich, creamy and pudding-like dessert. Made with split yellow moong dal, this is a popular and Hello Aunty! I tried this moong dal halwa and it turned out to be superb! we loved it, specially my husband, its one of his fav. dessert and loved it. Moong Dal Halwa is a famous Indian dessert, especially made during winter months.