Sri Lankan Egg Curry. Sri Lankan egg curry. (Dan Freene). Season to taste and garnish with coriander to serve. Note. • A tip for boiling eggs is to tap a small hole in the round end of the egg with a small knife.
We've replaced the rice with cauliflower in this fragrant recipe, but if you're after something more filling, serve with rice. Read our advice and latest updates. This Sri Lankan Chicken Curry is one that I make and have made AT LEAST once a week for many years now. Food preparation Sri Lankan Egg Curry is a fun point, moreover it becomes a lot more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 23 active ingredients, you can start cooking 5 actions. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients – Sri Lankan Egg Curry
- Prepare 3-4 – eggs, boiled & shelled.
- Need 2 tbsp. – oil.
- You need 2 bay leaves.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Need 2-3 for cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp. – mustard seeds.
- Give 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Need 1/2 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- Need 1/4 tsp. of fenugreek seeds.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig – curry leaves.
- It’s 2 green chilies, slit.
- Provide 1 tbsp. for ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 – tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. – pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. – roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. – garam masala powder.
- Require to taste – salt.
- Give 1 tbsp. for Maldive fish flakes / dried fish washed well and ground.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Need as needed – coriander leaves to garnish.
It's quintessential comfort food for K A great Sri Lankan chicken curry is a very versatile and easy to make dish. Sure, there are plenty of slow cooker versions and quick versions of this. Sri Lankan spicy breakfast omelette(family favourites). Sweet and spicy caramelized Onion and egg pastries.
Sri Lankan Egg Curry making process
- Prick the boiled eggs all over with a fork. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and shallow fry them till light brown in colour. Keep aside..
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with the bay leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds. Allow it to splutter..
- Then add the onion and saute till brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste, fried fish paste and all the dry masalas mixed with a little water. Saute well till the oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add the tomatoes and fry till well mashed up. Add the coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, curry leaves and green chilies and bring it to a boil..
- Gently drop the fried eggs and simmer, covered on low flame till the gravy is slightly thick. Serve with plain steamed rice, garnished with coriander leaves..
Easy school Lunch box fried egg noodles. Each recipe on this blog has been written with great care and love to the best of my ability with you in mind. The best part of making this tasty recipe of fried egg curry is using easy to find ingredients in your kitchen. Crispy fried boiled eggs taste absolutely. A wonderful egg curry with full of goodness and is really very tasty.