Indian Rice Pudding. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. Transfer the mixture to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding.
Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Food preparation Indian Rice Pudding is a fun point, moreover it ends up being more unique value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 7 ingredients, you can start cooking 11 steps. observe the following area for you to begin cooking quickly.
Composition Indian Rice Pudding
- Prepare 1/4 cup /50 grams of Rice.
- You need 3 tsp Chopped nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp Ghee.
- Give 3-4 Green cardamom or ¼ tsp powder.
- Provide 1 liter of Whole milk.
- It’s 5-7 tsp Sugar.
- Provide 3 tsp of Grated coconut.
There's no denying that rice pudding is at the top of the list when it comes to comforting desserts. This classic Indian version, called kheer, is spiced with cardamom and flecked with golden raisins and. Rice pudding recipe With step by step photos – i had made this delicious rice pudding with The difference in the Indian rice kheer and the western rice pudding is use of different flavoring agents. Indian rice pudding, or Indian Kheer, is made by boiling rice, milk, sugar, and tasty ingredients into a delicious pudding you can make in your Instant Pot!
Indian Rice Pudding steps
- Rinse the rice until water turns clear. Then soak the rice in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes are up, drain the rice using a colander and set aside..
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Then add 1 teaspoon of ghee to it and then add the soaked & drained rice. Also, add 3-4 crushed cardamom pods..
- Toss the rice with the ghee and cardamom for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until aromatic..
- Add the milk to the pan and stir well. Set heat to medium-high..
- Let the milk come to a boil, this will take around 10-12 minutes. Stir in between so that milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- The milk has come to a boil, lower the heat to low and let the kheer cook for around 25 minutes on low heat..
- The milk will reduce considerably after 25 minutes and the kheer would look thick and the rice will be completely cooked..
- Add in the sugar and mix. Also, add in the nuts..
- Cook the kheer for 5 more minutes after adding the sugar and nuts..
- Remove pan from heat. I love mine chilled and serve it after chilling it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours..
- Recipe Note – You can flavor the kheer with saffron. For that, crush saffron strands and add to 1-2 tablespoons of warm milk..
The Kheer will be creamy, aromatic. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Classic Indian Rice pudding made with rice, sugar, milk and flavored with cardamom, nuts and touch of rose water. This creamy pudding is one of the most popular Indian desserts! #kheer #dessert.