Mixed Dal Pongal.
Food preparation Mixed Dal Pongal is an enjoyable thing, additionally it comes to be much more unique worth if you cook it yourself. By using the adhering to 13 active ingredients, you can start cooking 3 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking quickly.
Ingredients requirements of Mixed Dal Pongal
- You need 1/2 cup mixed dal (lentils), dry roasted.
- Give 1/2 cup rice.
- Give 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. mustard seeds.
- It’s 1-2 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. – asafoetida.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of whole peppercorns, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp. for ginger, grated.
- Give 1-2 sprig curry leaves.
- Require 1 cup of cashew nuts.
- Give to taste for salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp. ghee.
- Give 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Mixed Dal Pongal making
- Soak roasted dal and rice together overnight. Pressure cook in 3-4 cups water with salt to taste for 5-6 whistles..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds & dry red chilies. After it stops spluttering, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, peppercorns, ginger and cashew nuts. Saute for a minute..
- Pour this tempering over the boiled dal-rice mix. Drizzle ghee over it & garnish with coriander leaves. Serve for breakfast / brunch with coconut chutney, pickle or idli podi..