Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy). Sorshe Ilish Bhapa(Steamed Hilsha in mustard sauce) is very popular dish in Bengali Cuisine., goes very well with steamed rice. Steamed Hilsha or Ilish Bhapa is very Rich Gravy and popular delicious fish dish in Bengali Cuisine and one of the best fish preparations. Shorshe lish bhapa (or bhaape) meaning steamed mustard hilsa, is a Bengali recipe of hilsa fish (a type of shad) steamed in a potent mustard, doi (yoghurt) and coconut paste.
I would wait to get that first whiff, when ma would open the container where the Hilsa/Ilish would be cooked. Steaming hot with the smoke blurring the vision while the nose was tickled by the strong sweet flavor of. Hilsa fish is commonly known as 'Ilish maachh' in Bengal. Cooking Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy) is an enjoyable thing, additionally it becomes much more special worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 7 active ingredients, you can start cooking 8 steps. observe the following area for you to begin cooking instantly.
Composition Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy)
- Give of Ilish/Hilsha fish 8 pieces, without head & tail.
- Require 3-4 tablespoons for Black Mustard.
- You need 1 cup for Scraped coconut.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder.
- Need for Green chili 4 to 5, as per taste.
- Provide 4 tablespoons for Mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon for Salt.
It is the most popular and costly fish due its aroma and taste. "Hilsa in Mustard Gravy" is authentic Bengali dish, when i tried it in my Kitchen,I found it so easy to cook. Shorshe ilish is a Bengali dish, native to the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent, made from hilsa or Tenualosa ilisha, a type of herring, cooked in mustard gravy. The dish is popular among the people in the Indian states of West Bengal, Tripura and Assam's Barak valley, and the nation of Bangladesh. A traditional fish recipe from West Bengal Recipe here.
Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy) start cooking
- Place the Hilsha fish pieces in a bowl and marinate them with salt and turmeric and keep aside..
- Make a fine paste of mustard seeds along with some salt & few chilies with little water with it..
- Now take a bowl, put the mustard paste, scraped coconut, turmeric powder, salt & 1/2 cup water and mix all together..
- Put the fish pieces into the mixture and marinate the fish with the mixture..
- Take a nonstick flat pan, sprinkle some mustard oil at the bottom, place all the marinated fish pieces into the pan, drizzle the oil on the top, cover with a tight lid and place the pan on low heat for 25 minutes..
- After 25 minutes turn off the heat, but do not open the lid..
- Open the lid just before serving. Serve "Bhapa Ilish" with hot steamed rice..
- Tip: you can use any convenient method of steaming too.
Doi Ilish Bhapa is an age-old Bengali delicacy where Hilsa pieces cooked in a divine Mustard-Yogurt gravy. Lonka Bhapa Murgi (Chicken Steamed with Chilli Pickle). Sorshe Ilish/Hilsa cooked in Mustard Gravy Not Out of the Box. #fish #curry #foodphotography #foodstyling. Hilsa is the much loved seasonal fish that every fish eating Bengali loves.