Moong Dal khichdi with Punjabi Dal Tadka/ Punjabi Risotto.
Cooking Moong Dal khichdi with Punjabi Dal Tadka/ Punjabi Risotto is an enjoyable thing, moreover it ends up being extra unique value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the adhering to 15 active ingredients, you can start cooking 12 steps. observe the following area for you to begin cooking quickly.
Composition of Moong Dal khichdi with Punjabi Dal Tadka/ Punjabi Risotto
- Prepare for Rice.
- Prepare for split green moong dal.
- Require of Vegetable oil.
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Provide – large onion, chopped.
- Give curry leaves.
- Need for tomato puree or 2 medium tomatoes.
- You need green peas.
- Prepare – turmeric.
- It’s of red chilli powder.
- Require for coriander powder.
- Need for tsp garam masala.
- Give – – inch ginger, grated.
- Require Salt.
- Prepare – finely chopped coriander leaves.
Moong Dal khichdi with Punjabi Dal Tadka/ Punjabi Risotto process
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker or large saucepan..
- Add the cumin seeds and when it sputter, add the onions and curry leaves..
- Saute, stirring, until it turns brown in colour..
- Add the ginger and saute another minute..
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder. Mix well and cook, stirring frequently, until the tomato puree darkens a couple of shades and bubbles at the corners..
- Add the rice and lentil to it..
- Mix everything well together, then add 4-5 cups of water or vegetable stock..
- If you're cooking in a pressure cooker, cover now and let the khichdi cook for 10-15 minutes after the cooker comes to pressure..
- On the stovetop, if not using a pressure cooker, bring the water to a boil, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook 30-35 minutes or until the rice and lentils are really soft. Add more water if needed at any time. You want the khichdi to have a slightly runny consistency, like a risotto. It shouldn't be too dry..
- Open the pressure cooker or pot. If you're using frozen peas, add them at this point and stir the khichdi well. Add the garam masala and salt and return the khichdi to heat to let it warm through..
- Garnish with the coriander or mint leaves..
- Serve hot..