Luchi aloo Dom (Puri and dum aloo). Aloor Dum or Spicy Potato Curry is a delicious side dish made out of potatoes and a variety of spices that gives it a real yummy taste. Luchi aloor dum is a popular Bengali-style of poori and dum aloo and is traditionally prepared for festivals. Luchi and aloo dum have become a fortnightly breakfast at home. so I make the Bengali aloo dum in two ways. here is the onion-tomato version.
Luchi-Aloo r dom and mishti was those things what made that oil spotted paper box very special, and of course the joy of picnic, the fun, constant So I wanted to replicate the taste of ' Kosha Aloo r Dom' what we used to had in those picnics made by some caterer. I don't know who the cook was, but he. Some other variations of Aloo Dom can be found here. Cooking Luchi aloo Dom (Puri and dum aloo) is a fun point, furthermore it becomes more special worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 14 components, you can start cooking 10 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients for Luchi aloo Dom (Puri and dum aloo)
- Give 1 cup for all-purpose flour.
- Provide 8-10 baby Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup for green peas (boiled).
- It’s 2 – tomatoes pureed.
- You need 1/2 tspoon – ginger paste.
- You need 2 – green chillies chopped.
- It’s To taste – salt and sugar.
- Give 1 tspoon turmeric powder.
- You need As needed – oil for frying.
- Need As needed for water for dough.
- It’s 1 tspoon – whole jeera.
- Provide 1 – whole red chilli.
- Prepare 1 – bay leaf.
- Provide 2-3 – whole garam masalas.
If you are a Bong or tuned to Bengali food, can you please tell me what is your idea of a Bengali Breakfast ? Trivia:Though I have highlighted Luchi as a breakfast menu here, ideally for a Bengali Luchi is something that can be served for breakfast. Luchi aloor dum is an authentic Bengali main course meal that is prepared commonly. Serve the hot pooris with the aloo dom.
Luchi aloo Dom (Puri and dum aloo) start cooking
- Make a soft dough adding salt and oil with the flour and keep aside.
- Now add oil in a pan add jeera,bay leaf red chilli and whole garam masalas.
- Now fry the potatoes with salt and turmeric powder.
- Add tomato and ginger paste mix well.
- Now add green peas and red chilli powder and cover for a while.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat a wok add oil.
- Take small portion of the dough and make balls.
- Make shapes of Puri and fry.
- Serve it with dum aloo.
And it is best relished with puris or luchi as we call it in Bengali. These are deep fried puffed Indian bread made with maida/all purpose flour but I like to make Luchi dunked in potato curry is absolutely moreish and delicious. What ingredients are used to make Dum Aloo? This Dum Aloo recipe is perfect for any day, whether you have it with daily meal or served in party menu. Luchi Aloor Dum Recipe. by TNN.