Food preparation Broccoli Pulao is a fun point, in addition it ends up being extra unique value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the adhering to 16 ingredients, you can begin cooking 10 actions. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients for Broccoli Pulao
- Provide 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1 – medium sized broccoli.
- You need 1/4 cup – green peas.
- Give 2 tbsp – ghee.
- You need 1 tsp for cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 onion chopped.
- Provide 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped.
- You need 2 for green chillies chopped.
- Provide 8-10 for cashews.
- Give 2 tsp for raisins.
- Prepare 1 bay leaf.
- It’s 1 inch – cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3-4 for green cardamoms crushed.
- Give 4-5 cloves.
- Prepare To taste for salt.
- Need 1 tsp sugar.
Broccoli Pulao steps
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside..
- Cut the broccoli florets to the sizes you prefer to and rinse well..
- Blanch them in boiling water with little salt for 2 minutes. Remove and place them in ice water for a minute or two so that they retain the green colour. Drain and set aside..
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp ghee in a cooking pot. Add cashews and raisins. Saute for a minute. Then add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute till they turn aromatic..
- Add onion, ginger, green chilli and fry till onion turns translucent..
- Next add broccolis and green peas and saute for one minute..
- Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and bring it to a boil..
- Once the water starts boiling, add the soaked rice and stir once. Add 1 tsp sugar. Cover and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed..
- Once the rice is done, add remaining 1/2 tbsp ghee and fluff up with a fork. Allow to rest for some time..
- Serve broccoli pulao warm with raita or any curry..