Whole wheat banana chocolate cake. A delicious vegan chocolate cake made with whole wheat flour. Unbelievably soft and spongy, this recipe will satisfy chocolate lovers and cake lovers alike. Soft, moist and chocolaty, this chocolate cake made without eggs makes great base for various chocolate frostings and chocolate cake.
Let cool off fully before you move ahead to frosting. For frosting please refer the step by step photos above. This eggless chocolate banana cake tastes best. Food preparation Whole wheat banana chocolate cake is a fun point, additionally it ends up being extra special worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 11 ingredients, you can begin cooking 15 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to start cooking quickly.
Composition – Whole wheat banana chocolate cake
- Need 1 cup for Whole wheat flour/ atta.
- It’s 1/2 cup for Coca powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp or curd 1/4 cup Flax meal (any of these can be used).
- It’s 3 tbsp – Water to make flax egg (if using flax egg).
- It’s 1 tsp Baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp Salt.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup – Ripe banana.
- You need 1/3 cup for Melted coconut oil.
- Give 3/4 cup of Palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Require 3/4 cup – Chocolate chips.
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with a moist whole wheat chocolate bread that uses very little oil. Whisk together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. This whole grain banana chocolate chip cake (perfect for snacking!) takes just minutes to whip up! This delightful little cake has the flavor of really great banana bread – it's just baked in a cake pan.
Whole wheat banana chocolate cake making process
- Preheat oven at 180*c for 10 minutes..
- Line a 9" rectangular baking pan with parchment paper and keep aside..
- Seive whole wheat flour,coca powder,baking soda and salt in a big bowl for 3-4 times..
- If using flax egg in a small bowl mix 3tbsp of water with 1tbsp of flax meal.(simple dry raost flax seeds and grind them to make flax meal) and keep aside for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile in another bowl mashed bananas with fork(5 small bananas or 2 big size bananas.I prefer to mashed bananas first and than measure to get accurate mesurment)..
- Add melted coconut oil to mashed bananas and stir until both are well combined..
- Stir in palm sugar, flax egg or curd (whatever you are using),vanilla essence mix well until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is smooth..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in intervals and mix well.Make sure don't over mix the batter..
- Now add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to batter and mix..
- Pour cake batter to prepared pan,sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips..
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean..
- Remove pan from the oven and cool down for 10-15 minutes in a pan..
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake and carefully remove from the pan and place on wire rack..
- Let the cake cool down completely before slicing..
- Enjoy healthy chocolate cake with cup of tea or coffee..
AND, it has some wonderful nutty notes of whole grain goodness throughout that compliment the. Don't throw away those bananas that are turning brown and soft. They're perfect for making these muffins moist with lots of banana flavor. Gold Medal® White Whole Wheat flour can be used in any recipe. Delightfully moist and tender whole wheat banana cake is topped with creamy greek yogurt chocolate frosting – so decadent you'll never guess it's lightened up!