Cooking Strawberry Pie is a fun point, in addition it becomes a lot more special value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the adhering to 15 ingredients, you can begin cooking 18 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients of Strawberry Pie
- Prepare of Crust.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of castor sugar.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of chilled butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ice water.
- Prepare of Strawberry filling.
- You need 250 gram of strawberry.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Butter and milk wash.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soft butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
Strawberry Pie step by step
- In a bowl add flour, salt and sugar and mix with a fork..
- Add chilled butter. Mash butter into the flour with a fork, and also keep mixing, till the flour looks like crumbs..
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix roughly. Add ice water and bring the dough together. Don't add all water immediately. Keep adding teaspoons only if required..
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour..
- Till the dough is getting chilled, let us prepare for the filling. Clean the fruit and slice into equal size pieces..
- Add salt, sugar, cornstarch mix and set aside..
- After 1 hour or so, remove dough from fridge. Take on lightly floured work surface and roll a circle out of it..
- Lightly grease a 17cm Pie tray. Preheat the oven @190C..
- Place the rolled circle gently over the pie-tray and press it to the bottom. Also gently press against the sides of the tray..
- With the help of a rolling pin, cut out the excess dough from edges..
- Pinch and roll a small circle with the extra dough and cut ribbons.
- Put the strawberry filling in the pie-tray..
- Cover the tray as you like. I like basket pattern..
- Prepare butter and milk wash and apply on the edges and on the ribbons..
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, till filling is bubbling and the crust looks brown and crunchy. Refer below picture for half done pie.
- Once done let it sit for few seconds in the tray..
- Keep over a can. Gently pull the pie tray down..
- Remove pie on serving plate. Serve warm with dollop of strawberry ice-cream or whipped cream. My family loves as is..