Chingri or Prawn Malai Curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Served with rice for an authentic Bengali meal. Golda Chingri'r Malaikari is a classic Bengali preparation with Lobster or prawns and coconut milk. This silky smooth creamy yet surprisingly light gravy is perfumed with Bengali gota Whatever the reason is we bengalis love our Chingrir Malai Curry and feel quite proud about bengal's this creation. …chingri malai curry or prawns / lobsters stewed in creamy coconut milk… On one of my regular visit to Mumbai, we once dined in Gajalee at Andheri which is very famous for its seafood. Food preparation Chingri or Prawn Malai Curry is a fun thing, in addition it becomes more unique value if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 20 active ingredients, you can start cooking 15 actions. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients requirements for Chingri or Prawn Malai Curry
- It’s 4 Pieces – Jumbo prawns.
- Require for Paste of a small onion.
- Give 1 Tablespoon – ginger paste.
- Provide Puree of a small tomato.
- Need 5-6 Tablespoons for thick Coconut milk.
- Give Salt and Sugar as per your taste.
- Provide 1 Green chilli.
- You need 1/4 of th Cup of mustard oil.
- Give 1 Teaspoon – Ghee.
- Provide 1 Teaspoon Garam masala powder.
- Need 1 cup – hot water.
- Give for Spice Powder.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of jeera powder.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of termuric powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon – Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Need of Whole Spices.
- You need 2 – Bay leaves.
- Require 2 – Green cardamom.
- Provide 1 Small cinnamon stick.
- Give 2 of cloves.
Food was excellent but only if they could increase the portion that was being served specially for the lobster that. Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Add green chillies, prawns, coconut milk and cook on medium heat for half a minute. Add chilli powder, cumin powder, sugar and ginger paste and mix.
Chingri or Prawn Malai Curry making process
- Add some salt and 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder to the de-veined prawns. Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes..
- Heat mustard oil in a pan..
- Add the marinated prawns, cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes, not more then that otherwise they will become chewy..
- Then take them out from oil..
- In that same oil add all of the whole spices. Saute for few seconds..
- Add onion paste, cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame..
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook for 3 minutes..
- Add tomato puree, mix well and cook for 5 minutes..
- Then add some salt and sugar along with all of the spice powder. Mix well for few minutes..
- Add yogurt, mix well and cook for another 3-5 minutes..
- Now add the fried prawns along with the drippings, mix well for 3-4 minutes..
- Then add coconut milk, mix well..
- Now add little hot water, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes..
- Lastly add green chilli, ghee and garam masala powder. Mix well and turn off the heat..
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes then serve..
Prawn malai curry, along with Kosha Mangsho and Bhaapa Eelish, forms the troika of the most regal of Bengali dishes. The first two would be the dishes which define a Prawn Malai Curry is a dish from the 'Ghoti' repertoire. Ghotis are Bengalis from West Bengal or the Indian side of pre-partition Bengal. Chingri-Malai Curry is a classic Bengali recipe with sautéed Tiger prawns, cooked in a rich coconut milk-based curry. Chingri Malaikari or Prawn Malaikari (no relation to our dear Malaika at all), is a very famous and popular Bengali entrée served with white Rice or Pulao for lunch or dinner on special occasions.