Matar Paneer Curry. This Creamy Matar Paneer Curry is the kind of recipe that will save the day when your paneer cravings strike! Welcome to my second favorite way to eat paneer – creamy matar paneer curry. Matar paneer goes well with parathas or naan or cumin rice and even steamed rice.
This is a classic vegetarian curry of Indian cheese and peas cooked in a tomato-based sauce. Find matar paneer curry stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Matar Paneer is a delicious recipe that hails from the north of India that is an all time favourite. Food preparation Matar Paneer Curry is an enjoyable thing, moreover it becomes much more special worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the following 28 ingredients, you can start cooking 9 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking immediately.
Composition for Matar Paneer Curry
- Give – For Onion Tomato Paste:.
- Require 2 tbsp Oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide 2 of Onions (Chopped).
- Give 2-3 for Cashewnuts.
- Prepare 1 Bay Leaf.
- Require 1 for Star Anise.
- It’s 2-3 of Cloves.
- Give 4-5 cloves of Garlic (Peeled and Chopped).
- Prepare 1 of " Piece Ginger (Chopped).
- Require 2 for Tomatoes (Chopped).
- Require 1 tsp – Salt.
- Give 4 tbsp – Water.
- Prepare – For Curry:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp Oil.
- Give 1 cup Onion Tomato Paste.
- Provide 1 pinch of Asafoetida (Pinch).
- Provide 1/2 cup for Green Peas (Boiled for 5 minutes).
- Prepare 1 cup – Paneer Cubes.
- Need As required Salt.
- Need 1 tbsp of Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – Fresh Fenugreek Leaves.
- Prepare 2 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp – Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp for Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp – Garam Masala Powder.
- It’s for As required Water.
- You need 1 tbsp for Butter.
It helps the paneer to soak up all the flavours from the curry and spices. This very popular paneer recipe from India has soft paneer and fresh green peas simmered in a creamy onion-tomato curry! So good with rotis or naan! matar paneer recipe, restaurant style matar paneer with step by step photo/video recipe. this exotic paneer curry is cooked in a tomato & onion based sauce. In this easy matar paneer sabji I do not fry paneer, you can do that but I like to keep it healthy so no fried paneer for my everyday curry.
Matar Paneer Curry start cooking
- For the Onion Tomato Paste: Heat oil in a cooking pan. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle. Add bay leaf, cashewnuts, star anise, cloves, ginger, garlic and onions. Saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute for 4 minutes. Allow it to cool. Add little water and grind it to a smooth paste..
- For the Curry: Heat oil in a cooking pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. When seeds start to crackle, add onion tomato paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally..
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add green peas and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add yogurt and cook for a minute..
- Add water. Mix well and cook for a minute..
- Add the paneer cubes and mix gently..
- Add fenugreek leaves, green chillies and butter. Mix gently and cook for a minute..
- Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with rice, roti, naan etc..
Also, this way paneer soaks up more flavour from the gravy. Not that matar paneer is an elaborate dish or extremely challenging. Instead, this recipe is a long, long overdue thank-you to fellow writer and Indian cuisine lover, Lora Shinn. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. Matar Paneer or Mutter Paneer is a gluten-free delicious Indian curry.