Chettinad Chicken Curry.
Cooking Chettinad Chicken Curry is a fun thing, additionally it comes to be much more unique value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the following 25 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 5 steps. observe the following section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients requirements – Chettinad Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1 kg of Indian desi chicken.
- It’s 300 gm for Madras onions, sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Need 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Provide To taste of Salt.
- Require 15 of curry leaves.
- It’s for For masala paste.
- Give 2 tbsp – coriander seeds.
- Require 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Give 1 tsp – black peppercorns.
- Require 1 tbsp – fennel seeds.
- It’s 5 of cloves.
- Require 4 for green cardamons.
- Provide 2 star anise.
- Need 1 inch of cinnamon bark.
- It’s 2 of stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool).
- Need 5 of red chilli (spicy but not colour).
- Require 1 for bay leaf.
- Provide 1-2 strings of mace.
- It’s 7-8 cashewnuts.
- Give 10 cloves – garlic.
- Provide 1 inch of ginge sliced.
- Provide 1/4 tsp – Fenugreek seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp for tamarind pulp.
- Provide 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut.
Chettinad Chicken Curry step by step
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour.
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown..
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste..
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste..
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice..