Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie.
Food preparation Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie is a fun point, in addition it ends up being extra unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the complying with 14 ingredients, you can begin cooking 12 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie
- Prepare 225 grams of plain flour.
- You need 3 teaspoons of icing sugar.
- Prepare 140 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1 number of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 – 3 teaspoons of water approx.
- Prepare 75 grams of cornflour.
- You need 210 grams of sugar castor / granulated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 numbers of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of lemon rind.
- Prepare 60 grams of cooking butter.
- It’s 4 numbers of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
Quick Heaven's Lemon Meringue Pie step by step
- For the pie crust, first grease your pie dish with butter or oil nicely..
- In a bowl, crumble the flour wih butter as you do for apple pie, till you get fine crumbs. Add the yolk, and slowly knead with the water. Turn to a smooth surface and nicely with gentle movements knead to a firm dough. Wrap in a cling film and rest in for minimum 30 minutes to get set..
- Then,dust the and take out the dough. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 200°C for 10 minutes. Roll slowly into a 1 inch thick circle,dont worry iif sides crack a little. Be careful to dust as required, and then slowly roll the crust over the rolling pin and onto the pie dish..
- Press in gently,if sides are excess,cut and use to do any cracks. If you want design with a fork on edges. Mine was a pue dish nnot needed..
- Now,here we bake the crust in the form of blind baking. Cover the crust with a sheet of parchment or aluminium foil having any set if pie weights such as pulse or rice grains on it. Bake with this for 10 minutes at 190°C..
- Take off the pie weights and foil, bake another 10-12 minutes till almost golden.
- For curd, in a saucepan,combine the corn flour,sugar,lemon juice and water. Mix well and bring onto heat. Constantly stir till we get a rich thick mixture. Quickly take off,add the rest of ingredients and sstir well making sure the yolks don't get scrambled!.
- Set aside to cool with a foil on top. Beat the egg white till peaks. Add the castor sugar and bea tikl glossy..
- Pour the cooled lemon curd over the crust. Generous ly spread well till well covered. Now spoon the meringue over..
- With a spoon's back create peaks for the effect..
- Bake now for yet another 10-12 minutes till top is having golden burnt effect!!.
- SlSlice as it is once cooled or you can refridge it and serve later with any topping! It will be a favorite!.