Mango Custard Pie.
Food preparation Mango Custard Pie is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it comes to be much more special value if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 12 ingredients, you can begin cooking 12 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to begin cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Mango Custard Pie
- It’s 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 60 Grams of Butter Chilled (cubed).
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of water Cold.
- It’s 1 of Egg (for the egg wash).
- You need pinch of salt of.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of castor sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of mango fresh pulp.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- You need 1.5 Cups of milk (cold).
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of custard Powder.
Mango Custard Pie instructions
- Directions for the Pastry Base: Put the flour and salt in a bowl and add the cubes of chilled butter..
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs..
- Add just enough cold water to bring the mixture together into a rough dough (do not over knead it).
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes before using.
- Directions for the Custard Filling: Into a bowl, add milk, eggs, sugar, salt, mango pulp, vanilla, nutmeg, and gently whisk well. (do not over whisk it).
- Directions for baking the custard Pie: Preheat the oven to a 200 degrees C.
- Roll the dough and line it in a pie mold. Give the pastry an egg wash and blind bake it about 10-15 minutes.
- Take the empty pie shell out – let it cool off for a few minutes.
- Pour the mango custard filling into the shell and bake for 40-45 minutes @ 180 degrees C.
- If you think pouring the custard filling first..and placing it in the oven is tricky..then pour filling into the shell while it is sitting inside the oven on the rack. (I learnt it the hard way ;).
- Check for doneness – insert a knife at the center – it should be cooked and slightly wobbly texture.
- Take it out of the oven – let it rest and dig in !!.