Milk Powder Peda.
Cooking Milk Powder Peda is a fun thing, additionally it becomes extra special worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 5 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 9 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients for Milk Powder Peda
- Require 2 cup of mawa/khoya I have used instant mawa/khoya made from milk powder.
- Require 1/2 cup milk.
- Require 3 tbsp of sugar or more as per sweetness required.
- Require 1 tsp for cardamom powder.
- Give 8 for pistachio blanched and thinly sliced.
Milk Powder Peda steps
- Prepare mava from milk powder -Take full fat 2 cups milk powder in a bowl. In a saucepan, add 1tbsp ghee and 1/2 cup milk. Heat the mixture. Heat the mixture till it just comes to boil. Add this ghee and milk mixture to the milk powder. Mix it with a spoon. It will start coming together. If you find it dry then add a tsp of milk or as required. If the mixture becomes sticky then add 1/4 th cup of more milk powder. Shape the mixture to the desired shape. Let it cool. It will harden after cooling..
- Instant milk powder Mawa or Khoya is ready. Store it in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for a week and use as per the requirement. 2 cups of khoya is prepared..
- Crumble khoya using hands or grater. Heat the crumbled mawa in a non stick pan on low heat. Heat it stirring constantly. It will start drying out. keep the heat low. Roast further more on low heat till it dries and becomes grainy..
- Add milk to it and mix well on low heat. (if you want to make saffron or kesar peda, add the crushed saffron threads along with milk).
- The mixture will start binding together like a dough and start leaving the edges of the pan. Add cardamon powder to it and mix well..
- Remove in a flat dish and spread the mixture. Let it cool. Now knead the mixture for 5-7 minutes. The more you knead, the more soft becomes the mixture. Now add powdered sugar. Mix well..
- Knead the mixture again till the sugar mix well and form a dough. Make small balls from the kneaded dough. Take one ball in a palm and smoothen it..
- Roll it and then press and flatten the ball. Shape the edges and shape like a peda. Place it in a plate. Similarly shape the other balls into peda as shown..
- Garnish them with sliced pistachio. Serve them or store them in airitight container. They can stay at room temperature for two day and a week if refrigerated..