Oven Braised Pot Roast. This is an easy, flavorful oven-braised pot roast with garlic and thyme, along with optional mushrooms, red wine, and potatoes. Remove the roast from the pan and set aside. Add butter to the hot pan and reduce heat to medium.
The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Mo. The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Monday, and Pot Roast Tacos With Chimichurri on Tuesday. This pot is great for roasts, soups, stews, meatloaf and even bread. Cooking Oven Braised Pot Roast is an enjoyable thing, in addition it comes to be a lot more unique value if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the following 14 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 7 actions. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- It’s 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- It’s 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
Check out this affordable Dutch oven from Lodge. We have two Dutch ovens branded by Martha Stewart and love them too. This oven braised chuck roast rocks. I seriously could just end the post there to be honest.
Oven Braised Pot Roast start cooking
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
I decided to call it a Sunday Oven Braised Pot Roast because it reminded me of just that. The kind of roasts our mama's and grandma's would sear off and then stick into a low oven to cook nice and slow. CATEGORIES: One Dish Dinners, Oven Baked, Roasts. It's been about a year and a half since I sat down here at this same computer and started writing a blog post about pot roast. But that blog post quickly took a turn and morphed into something else.