Cooking Paan Sandesh is an enjoyable thing, additionally it becomes a lot more unique value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 22 ingredients, you can start cooking 8 actions. observe the following section for you to start cooking quickly.
Composition Paan Sandesh
- Give For the base layer:-.
- You need 40 g of Marie biscuits(half of small size packet)crushed in mixie.
- Give 2 tbsp melted ghee.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp – powdered sugar.
- Give Sandesh layer:-.
- Give 200 g Chenna(approx 2 liters of cows milk).
- Provide – Approx 2 tbsp Synthetic Vinegar.
- Need 50 g for sugar.
- It’s for Benarsi Paan/Calcutta Paan leaves chopped into thin strips.
- Require 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Rose water 1 tsp(preferably Amarnath Mishra brand from Calcutta).
- Give Stuffing layer:-.
- Require 2-3 tbsp for gulkand(take the solid part,avoid the liquid part).
- Need 3 tbsp freshly grated coconut.
- You need 1 tsp for MAgaz or melon seeds slightly roasted.
- Give 1 tsp of Cashewnuts chopped.
- Give for Chuhara/kharak/dry dates (soaked overnight)1-2.
- It’s 1 tsp of Meethi saunf.
- Require for Garnishing:-.
- You need Edible rose petals.
- Provide – Paan leaves chopped.
- You need Roasted dry coconut flakes/slivered almonds and pistachios.
Paan Sandesh steps
- For the biscuit crust, grind the biscuits in the mixie in to powder.Add ghee and powdered sugar and mix with hands.It should bind when held together otherwise add a little more ghee.Press this at the bottom of the springfoam to form nearly half inch thick layer.Flatten it nicely.Refrigerate for 15 mins..
- Procedure to make Chenna:-Boil milk and as soon as it begins to boil add half tablespoon vinegar and stir.If the milk doesn't curdle then add half tablespoon more vinegar little by little.Stop adding once the green liquid starts separating..
- Turn the gas off and strain it.Let the water drain off on it's own for a few mins, do not squeeze out water forcefully.That will leave the Chenna dry and chewy..
- Take the warm Chenna in a flat plate and mash it nicely with palm, adding sugar little by little to your taste.It should become soft ball without cracks.If it doesn't then pulse it in the mixie for 2-3 secs..that should make it soft.Add some rose water, cardamom powder and chopped Paan leaves and make it in to a ball.
- Now divide the Chenna in to two parts.Flatten one part on top of the biscuit layer.smoothen in with flat base of glass.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl.If you think the mixture is a little liquidy, place it in a strainer and with spoon softly squeeze out a little liquid from it.Now spread it on the Chenna layer and lightly press and even it out..
- Top it with next layer of Chenna.Smoothen it.Decorate with edible rose petals(Panneer Roja in Chennai),chopped paan leaves, slivered nuts, roasted coconut flakes or just pipe out sandesh like buttercream icing into florets and make your way to a dessert that is bound to fetch you a lot of complements!!!.
- Refrigerate it(do not freeze it)and remove out of the fridge half an hour before serving..