Sweet and Tart Pot Roast. I grew up on a farm, and we ate beef often. I'm always looking for no-fuss delicious meals, and this slow-cooked supper is definitely one of them.—Erica Warkentin, Dundas. Tangy and Sweet Pot Roast has always been a yummy comfort food, and there's no question why.
Tomato sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar make a sweet-and-sour sauce in which beef roast and vegetables cook slowly for a luscious dinner entree. Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Reheat the sauce and check seasoninings. Cooking Sweet and Tart Pot Roast is a fun point, additionally it becomes more unique value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 12 ingredients, you can begin cooking 12 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Sweet and Tart Pot Roast
- Prepare 4 lb of pot roast.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- You need 2/3 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 2/3 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch mixed w 2 tbsp cold water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pickapeppa Sauce.
- You need 3/4 lb of small new potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby carrots.
Add some or all the lemon juice if the sauce does not seem tart enough. Best Instant Pot Pot Roast that is so tender it melts in your mouth, with perfect veggies that are not mushy at all. While I am a huge fan of pot roast, I am NOT a fan of mushy veggies. If you have tried a few recipes in your pressure cooker, you know that it cooks everything in a fraction of the time.
Sweet and Tart Pot Roast step by step
- Trim excess fat from the roast and sprinkle w salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat..
- Brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Add 1/2 onions, and continue cooking turning the roast and onions until onions are lightly browned..
- Remove from heat..
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, applesauce, brown sugar, Pickapeppa, and allspice..
- Move beef to crock pot with vinegar mixture, potatoes, most of the onions, and 3/4 of the carrots on low for 12-14 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Add remaining carrots and onions at the 6 hour mark..
- Remove the roast to a platter, and keep warm..
- Combine the cornstarch and water and stir the mixture into the pan drippings..
- Heat over medium heat until the sauce is thickened..
- Serve over slices of wheat bread..
Place roast on a serving platter, surrounded with vegetables; keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan; add one cup of juices from slow cooker. This is the ultimate in comfort. Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in the Carefully remove the roast from the Instant Pot using tongs and place onto a large platter or a.where I share sweet, savory and southern recipes, as well as home and garden tips and tidbits of.