Victorian sponge cake. Mary Berry's easy Victoria sponge cake recipe is a baking classic and a tasty tea-time treat. This traditional British layer cake is made up of two buttery, tender spongecake rounds that sandwich a thick layer of jam and, often, a. Need to make a cake for some reason, but have no idea how?
Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, who has been given credit for introducing the charming art of the afternoon tea. This Victoria sponge cake recipe combines strawberries and cream and is the perfect easy bake for afternoon tea. See more cake recipes at Tesco Real Food. (PP) Contains product placement. Cooking Victorian sponge cake is a fun thing, in addition it becomes extra special worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 6 ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 steps. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Victorian sponge cake
- Need 250 g Flour.
- Give 250 g for Sugar.
- You need 250 g of Butter.
- Provide 5 of Eggs.
- Provide 2 tsp for Baking powder.
- Require 1 tsp Vanilla essence.
The warmer months are on the way so it's time to dust off all those sweet, summery recipes! My take on the classic Victoria. A Victoria Sponge is said to have been the favorite sponge cake of Queen Victoria. Layered with jam or custard, or dusted with confectioners' sugar, this unfussy sponge cake makes for a simple and.
Victorian sponge cake making process
- Prepare your baking tin and aet aside. Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celsius or medium heat.
- Measure all your ingredients. Take your dry ingredients and sift them onto a medium bowl i.e flour and baking powder and set aside..
- In another bowl mix the sugar and butter..
- Using a mixer or a whisk, cream the two until pale. Add vanilla essence..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated before adding another one.
- Add flour and continue beating on low speed just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and place on the oven middle rack to bake.
- Bake for 40 mins to 50mins, or until a knife or a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 5 mins in the tin then removw cake from pan ans set on a tray or cooling rack.
Victoria Sponge Cake is a two-layer sponge-like airy cake that is filled with a layer of jam and whipped cream. It is cut into small "sandwiches" and served in a similar manner. Victoria Sponge Cake – Erren's Kitchen – This simple Victoria Sponge Cake recipe has delicious a raspberry jam and butter cream filling that takes the classic Victoria sponge to a higher level. Victorian Sponge cake is a classic British recipe that was often served at high tea-time in the afternoon. The recipe and the tradition followed the British to their colonies from Hong Kong and India.