Food preparation Pot Roast is a fun point, moreover it ends up being a lot more unique worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the following 15 components, you can start cooking 10 steps. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 3-4 lb of boneless chuck roast, trimmed.
- You need 2 of large yellow onions; large dice.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery; large dice.
- You need 3 of carrots; about 1/4" inch thick.
- It’s 2 of large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- It’s 4 C of beef stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 T of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- Prepare 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- It’s 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil.
- You need as needed of fresh parsley; minced.
Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate..
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute..
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry..
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender..
- Garnish with parsley..
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms.