Dal Makhani with Tandoori Roti.
Cooking Dal Makhani with Tandoori Roti is a fun point, furthermore it ends up being a lot more special value if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 14 ingredients, you can begin cooking 6 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients Dal Makhani with Tandoori Roti
- Need 1-1/2 cup Urad dal.
- You need 2 onions chopped.
- It’s 3 tomatoes chopped or pureed.
- Prepare 2 – green chillies chopped.
- Provide 7-8 pods – garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of grated ginger.
- Provide 1 TSP of haldi powder, jeera powder, Coriander powder.
- Require to taste for Red chilli and salt.
- It’s 1/2 TSP for Hing / asafoetida.
- Need 1 tsp mustard oil (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp – butter.
- You need – As required Coriander to garnish.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup cream.
Dal Makhani with Tandoori Roti how to cook
- Cook the dal…(washed and soaked overnight)add chopped garlic and hing…you can also add a tbsp of mustard oil while boiling..it gives a different flavour….I cook it on high flame for 2 whistles and then on low flame for 30 minute..
- Once the dal is cooked…open the pressure cooker and add the milk or cream whatever you want…(I personally add milk as it is not heavy for the children's as well as elder's) and let the dal simmer on low flame for around 10 minutes…keep on stirring in between..
- For the tadka….in a pan take butter and oil or desi ghee…let it heat…add the sabut masala..let the aroma come and then add the chopped onions and ginger…saute them till they become golden and mushy…..
- Now add the tomatoes chopped or pureed and the green chillies. Saute the tadka till the oil separates…add the haldi powder, jeera powder, dhania powder and red chilli powder…when the oil separates..add the tadka to the dal…add salt…check for seasoning…..
- Let it simmer for around 10 minutes on low flame so that the flavours combine….
- Add chopped Coriander and cream to garnish..I didn't added cream as my kids don't like it. Your dal Makhni is ready… Serve it with rice or tandoori roti…the recipe for which is…