Old Fashioned Pot Roast.
Food preparation Old Fashioned Pot Roast is an enjoyable point, in addition it comes to be extra special value if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the following 11 ingredients, you can begin cooking 11 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Pot Roast
- You need 4 lb of beef roast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of stalks of celery.
- You need 4 large of potatoes (can use new potatoes) if u use new potatoes you will many more than 4 … maybe 8.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- You need 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- You need 1 large of fresh onion (minced) divided in half.
- It’s 2 cup of water or broth.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder….
Old Fashioned Pot Roast instructions
- *** sprinkle roast liberally with pepper, and garlic powder. and lightly with season salt. I rub the seasoning into the meat by hand… the brown gravy and onion soup mix are high in sodium..
- dredge roast through flour. fry in oil until both sides are brown. doesn't have to cook just brown. this step is important to help to form gravy or thick juice..
- coursely cut up potatoes. cut celery into 2" pieces..
- put all the veggies in a bowl with 1/2 the onion. lightly salt add pepper. hand mix..
- put a slow cooker liner in your crockpot..
- ROAST CAN BE PUT IN A BAKING BAG OR THE PRESSURE COOKER. If pressure cooker is used. cook on Med for 45 Minutes. if you use a baking bag cook for about 1 1/2 hrs at 350°. if you use a crockpot cook 8-10 hrs on low or 6 hrs on high..
- the instructions are given for a crockpot. put veggies in the crockpot and put roast on top.. it will keep veggies moist. put celery and onions on top of roast..
- put onion mix and gravy mix in bowl with water or broth…mix well until dissolved pour over roast and cook for designated time as posted in #6….
- **** after roast is eaten I save the leftovers juice to boil egg noodles in. the broth can be strained and frozen for future use. I'll put that recipe on my profile..
- SOMEONE ADDED IN THE REVIEW IT TAKES 8 HRS TO BAKE… EVIDENTLY THIS PERSON HAS NOT COOKED THIS. … this roast can be cooked in a roaster that has a lid … or in an aluminum roaster covered tightly with aluminium foil… for 1 1/2 – 2 hrs…..
- **** several people mentioned the gravy was thinner than they like…. when u get ready to cook the roast add 3 Tbsp of flour to a 1/2 coffee cup full of COLD water … put this in the bottom… the oils and broth from the meat will season this… in mine I mix the onion soup mix… gravy mix… and flour from frying the roast……