Tomato soup. Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. Silky tomato soup is like the little black dress of soups.
A comforting tomato soup recipe is one of the most versatile meals – mix in meat or veggies, pair it with a grilled cheese, or throw in some tortellini. You can't go wrong with these classic tomato soups. Tomato Soup Recipe with step by step photos. Food preparation Tomato soup is an enjoyable thing, additionally it becomes extra unique value if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 13 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 actions. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Tomato soup
- You need 500 grams of Tomatoes (ripe red tomatoes) cubed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Small bay leaf.
- You need 1 of medium onion cubed.
- You need 2 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Salt or as needed.
- It’s 2 stalks of Basil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water (or stock) more if needed.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried herbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cream.
This Classic Tomato Soup is rich with a velvety texture. It's easy to make with canned tomatoes Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are best when the air turns crisp, the mornings are. Because it's winter, I intended to make this soup using only canned tomatoes, but when we got to ALDI, their organic fresh tomatoes just looked so darn good. Homemade tomato soup is perfect for any time of the year.
Tomato soup step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, garlic and onions. Saute all of these on a high flame for 3 to 4 mins..
- Then add in tomatoes and salt. Stir and cook until soft. Next add in basil and cook until tomatoes turn completely mushy. Turn off and cool..
- Discard the basil & bay leaf. Add the mushy tomato mixture along with the juices to a blender jar..
- Pour 1 cup water or stock and blend smooth. Place a sieve over a pot & transfer the blended tomato soup to it..
- Filter and discard the leftovers. Bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile stir in corn starch in half cup water and add it gradually to the boiling tomato soup. Stir constantly and boil until slightly thick..
- Add sugar & more salt if desired. Simmer until it reaches a desired consistency.Add herbs & pepper. Cover the soup & turn off the stove. Allow it to cool down a bit before adding the cream..
- Spread butter on the bread slices and toast them on medium heat until crisp. Then cut them to bite sized heart pieces..
Find recipes for creamy tomato soup, roasted tomato soup, and more! This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. Try out these amazing tomato soup recipes from the experts at FoodNetwork.com. Have the perfect cozy night indoors with one of these warm tomato soup recipes. Tomato soup, a classic and a family favorite.