Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas. This soup is simply made, with chicken, peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a delicious seasoned broth. Serve the soup as is or top with tortilla chips. Submerge the corn and corn tortillas in the soup.
First, start by coarsely chopping some onions, green pepper, and garlic. I was extra lazy when chopping so these are REALLY coarsely chopped. You can't have tortilla soup without tortillas. Food preparation Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas is an enjoyable thing, moreover it ends up being more unique value if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 14 components, you can begin cooking 4 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas
- Prepare 1 cup of heat roasted red bell pepper.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can of cannellini beans.
- You need 1 pound of your favorite grilled chicken Fajita meat.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 1 of corn on the cob.
- You need 8 ounces of white mushrooms.
- It’s 1-1/2 pints of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of large onion I used strawberry onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced celery.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 15 ounce of can of sweet peas.
- Prepare To taste of cayenne pepper per individual desire optional.
Right about here your kitchen will smell like fajitas. Whip up this slow cooker fajita soup for a comforting and healthy meal that's packed with flavor and a hint of spice. For the chicken I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs to add a bit of fat and flavor. Can you make this soup without using a crockpot or slow cooker?
Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas step by step
- Peel and wash your vegetables. Dice the onion, slice the celery, remove corn off cob, slice your carrots..
- Heat a pan with the peanut oil. Slice the mushrooms. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Slice the heat roasted peppers. Stirfry the onion mixture 15 minutes..
- Open the beans and drain but keep the liquids. Add beans to the onion mixture. Stirfry 10 minutes..
- Add the seasonings, bean liquids, chicken broth, bring to a simmer. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 12 minutes. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve, add cayenne pepper if you want. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This Chicken Fajita Soup is easy to make, tastes just as good the next day, and it freezes well. It's a winning soup all around! Plus, you can add all sorts of toppings to this soup-avocado, tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime, diced tomatoes, etc. Go crazy and add whatever toppings you like. All the things we love about fajitas and about tortilla soup come together in this bowl.