Ilish maccher tel jhal Hilsa fish curry. Welcome to our channel NJ's Simple Recipes. You can learn simple and easy recipes across India and World. We look forward to sharing more interesting food.
Because it is sparsely spiced, this style of curry doesn't overpower the star ingredient—the fish—but lets it shine on its own. To begin making the Ilish Er Tel Jhol Recipe, clean and wash the fish. Marinate the fish with salt and some turmeric powder. Cooking Ilish maccher tel jhal Hilsa fish curry is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it becomes extra unique worth if you cook it on your own. By using the adhering to 11 components, you can begin cooking 4 actions. observe the following section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients Ilish maccher tel jhal Hilsa fish curry
- You need 3-4 pieces for hilsa pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp for mastard seeds (preferrable white or yellow).
- It’s 1 tsp of poppy seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp – jeera powder.
- Need 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp – red chilli powder.
- Give as needed of Mastard oil.
- Need to taste – Salt.
- Need 1/4 tsp – sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp Onion seeds.
- Give 3-4 for green chillies.
Hilsa fish curry: This Bengali recipe is very easy to prepare, tastes delicious and is a great accompaniment with steamed rice. Shallow fry the Hilsa fish pieces, till golden brown. NOW PLAYING ON YouTube: Ilish Machh'er Tel Jhol (Hilsa fish in a light curry with aubergines) is one of the simplest yet delectable dishes that can be made with a good hilsa. The ilish (Tenualosa ilisha) (Bengali: ইলিশ, romanized: iliś), also known as the ilisha, hilsa, hilsa herring or hilsa shad, is a species of fish related to the herring, in the family Clupeidae.
Ilish maccher tel jhal Hilsa fish curry steps
- Firstly marinate the fishes with pinch of salt, little turmeric and red chilli powder. Keep aside..
- In a mixer, grind mastard seeds, poppy seeds and 2 green chillies and make a smooth paste. Keep aside..
- Heat the pan, add 1/4 cup mastard oil. Add kalonji and saute for few seconds. In a small bowl mix turmeric, jeera powder and red chilli powder and water to make a thin paste. Now add this mixture into the pan. Saute for few minutes until oil separates. Now add mastard-poppy seed paste and little water. Keep on high flame. Once boils up, lower the flame to medium. Add salt, sugar and mix well. Now add the fishes. Add green chillies, add 2 tsp mastard oil. Cover it and keep on medium flame..
- Once the fishes are done, switch off the flame. This preparation will not have too much thick gravy. Serve with steam rice..
Home » Macher Jhal ( fish curry spicy). Ilish Polao Hilsa Pulao Elish Polau is bengali style fish pilaf. Ilish or Hilsa is cooked in Mishti Doi and Coconut milk along with rice and whole spices. Elish or Ilish is the chosen one as fish of Bangladesh by our Bangladeshi siblings and we Indian Bengalis do our 'jumping-jhopang' dance on its yearly visit. Katla Macher Tel Jhal or Bengali Fish Curry Recipe is an North East Indian sea food cuisine.