Yogourt Banana Split. The traditional banana split is given a breakfast makeover by substituting Greek honey vanilla yogurt for ice cream and topping it with jam, fresh raspberries and sliced almonds. Arrange the bananas lengthwise in the loaf pan on top of the strawberry-cherry mixture, cutting to fit as necessary. To make this banana split, you pile scoops of thick Greek yogurt on top of a ripe banana, then drizzle with warm jam and add some almonds and berries.
How did you start your day? Try this Frozen Yogurt Banana Split recipe, or contribute your own. Arrange the bananas lengthwise in the loaf pan on top of the strawberry-cherry mixture. Cooking Yogourt Banana Split is a fun thing, in addition it becomes much more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the following 11 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 steps. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients of Yogourt Banana Split
- It’s 1 of banana.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of + 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of ground flaxseed.
- You need 4 of walnuts.
- You need of Vanilla greek yogourt.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen (or fresh) strawberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen (or fresh) blueberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen (or fresh) pitted cherries.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of coconut (or brown) sugar.
Banana splits don't always have to be made with ice cream! Our Yogurt Banana Split is a delicious yogurt-based banana split for a healthier alternative. This recipe combines the healthy ingredients of yogurt with sweet and savory chocolate chips. On this banana "split," I added a mound of Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, slivered almonds, toasted walnuts, coconut and finished it with a drizzle of honey.
Yogourt Banana Split step by step
- To make the sauces, start with three small individual saucepans. Add 1/2 cup water to each saucepan, and then let the water boil..
- Once the water is boiling, add 1/2 cup cherries to one saucepan, 1/2 cup strawberries to another, and 1/2 blueberries to the last one. Add 1tbsp of lemon juice, 1tbsp cinnamon, and 1tbsp coconut sugar to each saucepan. Stir together..
- Let the mixture in the saucepans boil. Stir occasionally with a spoon..
- After about 5-7 minutes, test the berries out by touching them with your spoon. If they are much softer and mushier than in their normal state, you may proceed to pop them. Continuously squish them with your spoon until they have all (or mostly all) bursted. Since the strawberries aren't a round berry, they won't exactly be "bursted", but they'll instead be turned to mush. Once done, remove the saucepans from heat..
- Find a dish that's long enough to fit a banana inside of it and tall enough to have a banana lean against it. I used a rectangular plastic container..
- Start by cutting off the ends of the unpeeled banana. Next, slice the unpeeled banana in half. Take off the peel of each banana half as gently as possible, being careful not to break the banana. Gently place the banana halves against the long walls of the dish, one on each side..
- Spoon one row of three globs of vanilla greek yogourt in between the two banana halves. Try to make these globs of yogourt as round as you can. Since yogourt is not ice cream, this may require some serious ninja skills..
- Pour a different berry sauce onto each individual glob of yogourt. Top each sauced glob with 1tsp ground cinnamon and 1tsp ground flaxseed. Place a walnut in each corner of the middle glob of yogourt. Et voilà! It is finished..
This Simple Cooking with Heart simple but indulgent-tasting banana split recipe might become Keep it Healthy: Yogurt can be a delicious, healthier substitute for ice cream or whipped cream in any recipe. It contains only natural sugars that come from fruit and. Banana splits are one of those. Have you ever been sad while looking at a banana split? I love me some vanilla yogurt.