Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. Topped with sweet onions and filled with corn, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions (and cottage cheese!), this upside cornbread is truly amazing. The bread has the perfect touch of sweetness, plus, it's the best choice when you want a side dish that packs a little more punch than your typical. Add drained tomatoes, cornbread cubes, asparagus and ham to whisked egg mixture; stir to combine, pressing gently to help cornbread absorb egg mixture.
In a skillet melt butter and add onions, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook briefly and add chicken broth. Stir in olives and stuffing mix. Cooking Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes is an enjoyable point, moreover it comes to be much more unique value if you cook it yourself. By using the adhering to 13 active ingredients, you can start cooking 3 steps. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lard.
- Prepare 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Fill each tomato with cornbread stuffing and place in a. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing. People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood. Codfish with Cornbread and Roasted OnionsHoje para Jantar. olive oil, parsley, onion, codfish, garlic cloves, onions, cornbread.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes step by step
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
To feed a crowd, especially when I want to make a good impression, I make this eye-popping cornbread salad. It's beautiful in a trifle bowl. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. I saw a photo of cornbread that looking like it had browned bits of onions all over the top, only to find that those bits were bacon — I persevered and added caramelized, brown-edged onions to mine and loved it. This is an incredibly moist nontraditional cornbread with a great flavor and mild sweetness.