Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup.
Cooking Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup is an enjoyable thing, additionally it becomes extra special worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the adhering to 21 components, you can start cooking 9 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup
- You need 1 Packet of Quality Hot & Sour Soup.
- Prepare 12 of Frozen Small Steamed Meat & Mushroom Dumplings [your choice – steamed in microwave].
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of Beef Broth [instead of water – but substitute the exact amount manufacture calls for].
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare to taste of Sushi Nori [dried seaweed – broken into small pieces – be careful with these as they can taste pretty fishy!].
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Mint [chopped + reserves for garnish – optional].
- Prepare 3 of Thai Chilies [minced – optional].
- Prepare 1 Dash of Coconut Milk [optional – only if you want that Thai flavor].
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- It’s to taste of Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- It’s 1 Dash of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced].
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Pickled Ginger [minced].
- It’s 2 of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- It’s as needed of Chow Mein Noodles.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corn Starch & 1 tbsp Water [mixed well & added to your simmering pot – optional – only if you want to thicken your broth].
Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup instructions
- This and the next three photos below are what you'll need. Lemon Grass and sprouts not pictured. Sorry, it was late and I forgot..
- Coconut milk, soy sauce, Thai Chilies and fresh garlic cloves pictured..
- Water Chestnuts pictured..
- Boil your eggs. Bring eggs to a boil and shut off heat. Let set for 18 minutes covered, then chill. I always have boiled eggs at the ready in my fridge so that always saves some precious time for me..
- Quick chop what herbs that need be. Including garlic. Chives, Thai Basil, fresh mint and red pepper flakes pictured below..
- Microwave your dumplings as per your manufactures directions. Usually 1 minute is all it takes. You can easily find these delicious little juicy bad boys at your local Asian market. Or, even Costco or Sams Club if you have a membership there..
- Add everything except for boiled eggs and garnishments and simmer your soup. Add your corn starch and water mixture at end of high simmer if you want to thicken your broth. After all, you do want your broth to literally cling to your dumplings..
- Then, add your pre-steamed hot dumplings and gently stir..
- Garnish your soup with fresh Thai Basil, fresh mint, and top with sliced boiled eggs. Also, add crunchy Chow Mein Noodles. Serve with sides of Soy Sauce, fish sauce and chilled pickled Ginger. Enjoy your tiny midnight taste of Thailand!.