Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie.
Cooking Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it ends up being extra unique worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 9 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 6 actions. observe the following area for you to begin cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie
- It’s 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground turkey (or any other ground meat).
- It’s 1/2 packet of cornbread mix.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 2 of eggs (or equivalent egg substitute).
- Prepare of cheese of your choice.
- You need of Barbecue sauce (optional).
- It’s of vegetables of choice, I used long green beans.
Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie how to cook
- Start by browning and draining the grease out of your ground meat..
- Once meat is cooked, Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water together, add to the mix. Continue to cook on low heat while preparing the rest..
- Mix together a half packet of cornbread mix with the whole wheat flour and eggs. Continue to add water and mix until cornbread mixture becomes the proper texture..
- Once all parts of the pie are prepared, lay the meat/mushroom mixture down in the cassarole dish first. Lay down your vegetables on top and than pour and evenly spread the cornbread mixture over top..
- Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 20-30mins or until your cornbread has become golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into it..
- As this recipe tends to dry out slightly when left as leftovers, I recommend adding a dollop of barbecue sauce to the top on any portions that have been reheated..