Bhapa Ilish/ STEAMED ILISH WITH FILTERED MUSTARD PASTE & COCONUT. Shorshe lish bhapa (or bhaape) meaning steamed mustard hilsa, is a Bengali recipe of hilsa fish (a type of shad) steamed in a potent mustard, doi Ilish or hilsa is, however, facing extinction due to high demand and overfishing. While policy initiatives between India and Bangladesh are underway to. Hilsa fish steamed in mustard sauce.
Spices like Nigella seeds/Kalonji/Kalo Jeera along with mustard oil is used to enhance the flavors of the this fish. Bhapa Ilish – Bengali style steamed Hilsa with mustard sauce and yogurt, Bhapa Paneer – Bengali style Steamed Cottage Bhapa Ilish or Steamed Hilsa curry is a traditional Bengali recipe of cooking fish which is very healthy and gives an excellent smell. It is very simple – need very less ingredients. "Junie Beatrice Jones or "Junie B." as she is called for short, is an innocent, spirited five- to six-year-old American girl". Cooking Bhapa Ilish/ STEAMED ILISH WITH FILTERED MUSTARD PASTE & COCONUT is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it ends up being extra unique value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 8 ingredients, you can start cooking 7 actions. observe the following section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients requirements of Bhapa Ilish/ STEAMED ILISH WITH FILTERED MUSTARD PASTE & COCONUT
- Require 6 ILISH pieces.
- Provide 1 tbsp black MUSTARD seeds.
- Require 2 tbsp – white mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 cup – coconut milk.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies.
- Provide 1 tsp – turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp – mustard oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Because she is what I am reading these days, I mean "she" as in about her, books where she is the main character. The last time we visited we tried out the deep fried Hilsa for the first time along with the Bhapa Ilish (the steamed Hilsa) as it is called in Bengali. At the restaurant when we pored over the menu we weren't quite sure if we would like the taste of a load of mustard in our curry. Bhapa ilish is basically steamed hilsa fish that has been cooked with mustard sauce.
Bhapa Ilish/ STEAMED ILISH WITH FILTERED MUSTARD PASTE & COCONUT steps
- At first paste the black,white mustard seeds,Green chillies nicely in a grinder.Then filtered them in a bowl..
- Take a Tiffin box,place wash fish pieces.Now massage the Ilish fishes with salt, turmeric.Then pour the filtered mustard paste, coconut milk,1/4 cup water,2tbsp mustard oil & the green chillies.Cover the Tiffin box tightly..
- Take a kadai,add sufficient water & place the tiffin box in it.Steamed it for 1/2 an hour on high & medium flame..
- If required add little water into the kadai slowly..
- After 1/2an hour switch off the flame.Place the fishes into a serving plate, pour the gravy over the fishes..
- Garnish with slited green chillies..
- Now have this awesome,delicious bhapa ilish with plain rice & enjoy.
This dish is a Bengali delicacy that most people love. But as the festival for son in laws, Jamai Shashti is just round the corner, you can definitely refresh your memory to try this special fish recipe. Home » KhanaKhazana » Bhapa Ilish. How to make Bhapa Ilish -. Hilsa fish steam cooked with a tangy paste of mustard and green chillies – a Bengali speciality.